Dicks Death Spiral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dicks Death Spiral

Dick's Sporting Goods, under fire for banning legal rifle sales, just hired a lobbying firm to push for gun control, federal records show.

Good, never had a need to go into one of their stores, and now a reason not to. Have fun on the way down.

Comment

That's like Coca Cola lobbying congress to ban sugary soda drinks.

Comment

I have only been in a couple stores, but there isn't much to their hunting section of the store. Wouldn't be surprised if they cut out that section altogether.

Comment

I used to go, up until they started their new policies.

I cannot imagine keeping their CEO with this idiotic policy if I held their shares of common stock. Their CEO readily admits that sales will indeed drop, but he does not care. He is a fool that will be the reason for their demise.

Dick’s Sporting Goods has suffered a surprisingly steep downturn in sales since promising to sell fewer guns, but the problem isn’t the gun sales, Fortune says. Stock tumbled to the low…

Comment

The title worried me for a second, glad it wasn't a "personal" story.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Comment

My son worked for them in Houston last year while he was attending UH.
                He said he has never seen employees treated so bad as that place treats them.

The turnover amongst employees is huge.

Comment

Even if D I C K S goes belly up, the CEO will get a multi million dollar send off so he ain't worried!

Comment

Their death spiral began well before this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      My son worked for them in Houston last year while he was attending UH.
                      He said he has never seen employees treated so bad as that place treats them.

The turnover amongst employees is huge.
                      So in regards to turnover numbers..........................Dicks are huge?

Comment

Other interesting info out today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                          There's a pill for that

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                            I have only been in a couple stores, but there isn't much to their hunting section of the store. Wouldn't be surprised if they cut out that section altogether.

Agreed...this is probably just a way for them to phase it out and fill up their shelves with more sporting equipment. and win some new liberal customers

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                            Wow just 24,000 whole signatures. That's nothing. Talking about the vocal minority tail wagging the dog.

Comment

hope they go under !! there name fits them well !!

Comment

Working...
                              X