Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool little snake, thanks for posting.

Comment

Best pet snake ever. I kept one for several yrs, before finally letting him go. Caught him in Ar though, never seen any that weren't predominantly black, here in Texas.

Comment

I found this one a few weeks ago next to a junk pile. He never did play dead but he puffed up like a cobra. It was probably 2 1/2 feet long or so.

I know they can come in a variety of different colors but I never have seen a black one. They pretty much all look like this around here.

Every once in a while I'll find a Western Hognose. They don't get near as big.
        Attached Files

Comment

Always had a few as pets when younger. They are cool snakes. That was a good colored one you found.

Comment

Yup. Cool little snakes. You touch one or flip it over and they flail like a professional soccer player. :-)

Comment

Copperhead

Cool snake. Thanks.

Comment

My little sister wouldn't be happy if she knew I found that little snake and didn't bring it to her. The problem is she wants to keep everything instead of letting it go. So I was told to stop bringing lizards or anything I run across to her.

The last one I took to her she put in a tote and it got loose in the garage. Two days later my mom opened up the garage and it fell off onto the floor. It had crawled onto the ledge on the garage door and almost fell on my mom's head. I got a phone call over that deal.

When I was looking for it the day it got out my sister said "Well.....it's gone. I guess you'll have to bring me another one."LOL
                Last edited by okrattler; 05-19-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                  i just can't believe how many people are scared of snakes
                  that one will probably spread out a small hood like a cobra if you mess with it long enough. and if that don't scare you off it will roll over and play dead.
                  snakes are good neighbors, they eat all the vermin.
                  that being said, I would never let a venomous one stay around the house.
                  find one in the woods, and it gets left there... alive.
                  Same

Comment

When we were kids they were Cobras

Only snake we knew that spread out like that

Old folks call them spreading adders around here

Comment

Award winning my drama queens.

Comment

Very cool looking little dude, it would be hard for me not take him home and raise him.

Comment

A few weeks ago I saw one about 7-8" long just as I drove over it. I stopped to check it out and I had accidentally ran over it. He didnt look in too bad of shape, I moved him off the road. Hopefully he made it.

Comment

Cool looking, not sure I’ve ever seen one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found a pic of the near red one

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Found a pic of the near red one
                                I'll be dang that is somethin else. Neat looking sucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X