No announcement yet.

Grayson county black bear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s an infamous bear trapper by the name of Bilner out of Whitewtight. I’m not sure if he’s ever trapped a bear but I know if you asked him he’d tell you he had. Put him on the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      That scenario is plausable. Bears migrating to Grayson from OK or AR isn't. Look at the geography, highways, towns, and farms in between. None of it is good bear habitat.

Yes, I'm aware a bear has hit by a 18 wheeler in NE Texas on I-30 several years ago, but that's a long way from Grayson.
      Why is it not plausible. I know bears are in Atoka county 2 counties north of Grayson and they have been spotted in Bryan county and in northern fanning county before and those counties are right next door to Grayson . The bear population has slowly been spreading out and will only get bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
        There’s an infamous bear trapper by the name of Bilner out of Whitewtight. I’m not sure if he’s ever trapped a bear but I know if you asked him he’d tell you he had. Put him on the case.

Bilner has slowed down on bear trapping I talked to him the other day. He said he’s sitting 3rd in the world in the pbr, 5th in motorcross! Said he killed the biggest elk up north but American Airlines would not put elk on plane for the ride home😅

Comment

I hear the bear most recently was sighted/living in Haggerman WMA.

J/K. But that should stir some minds up.

Comment

LOL, the doubters.....never ends!

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
              Is it just me or did anyone else who read that article laugh at some of those quotes???

"Had the pictures on his phone and showed them to me and I was surprised and I didn't realize it was this close," Taylor said.

"I can't even grasp the idea that there might be a bear running loose in this area," Hudson said.

"Keep an eye out now, maybe keep a better eye out on my chickens," Taylor said.

Subscribe to KXII.com. There are quotes daily that are just as funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                That’s a good looking Draht in your avatar!
                Why thank Ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                  Why is it not plausible. I know bears are in Atoka county 2 counties north of Grayson and they have been spotted in Bryan county and in northern fanning county before and those counties are right next door to Grayson . The bear population has slowly been spreading out and will only get bigger.
                  Atoka and Grayson are separated by another county, the Red River, and Lake Texoma. Did this bear swim across? If it came west from Red River county, it crossed a lot of fragmented ground populated by small farms and towns. I'm not saying "impossible", just not very likely. That part of the county has a trail cam on every third tree. We would have heard about it before it got that far west. And it was a juvenile. Where are the pics of the parents?

Comment

In addition to this one, there was a confirmed black bear (game gam pic) in Grayson last fall. Red River County also has had a few confirmed bears over the years.

Comment

Up around Broken Bow OK are a lot of bears, I think it could easily happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
                        Bilner has slowed down on bear trapping I talked to him the other day. He said he’s sitting 3rd in the world in the pbr, 5th in motorcross! Said he killed the biggest elk up north but American Airlines would not put elk on plane for the ride home��
                        Bwahahah. Yall know Travis?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                          Atoka and Grayson are separated by another county, the Red River, and Lake Texoma. Did this bear swim across? If it came west from Red River county, it crossed a lot of fragmented ground populated by small farms and towns. I'm not saying "impossible", just not very likely. That part of the county has a trail cam on every third tree. We would have heard about it before it got that far west. And it was a juvenile. Where are the pics of the parents?
                          Are you the one that kxii got all their funny quotes from? Most of the time unless the they are releasing water from the dam you can walk across the red river very easily. Not to mention bears can swim. I could go on but your tin hat theory is a waste of time.

Comment

There used to be a well known bear in Grayson county. Then he moved(RJET)

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me. Ain't nothing for a bear to swim a river and there are a lot of bears in parts of OK.

Trailboss

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                                Sounds reasonable to me. Ain't nothing for a bear to swim a river and there are a lot of bears in parts of OK.

Trailboss

And since the Red River is regulated below the dam, often times you can walk across.

Comment

Working...
                                X