Well this stinks

Just got an alert on my phone.
    Pending Charge on my Credit Card.
    At Jiffy Lube in Hempstead New York.

I'm at home in Van.

This is the 2nd time. :-(

Not good at all

Comment

Doesn’t Jiffy Lube record the plate of every vehicle they service? Seems like a dumb criminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought $100 worth of gas in Royal Oak, Michigan a few weeks ago. I’ve never been there. It’s annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its GOOD they allerted you...its a little time messing with it you will get yo money back

Comment

I'm not sure how they got my number this time.

I'm Just glad its only for $99. last time was like $800. Either way its a small fortune for me.

I was on the app I use that alerts me to my card usage and there's 2 charges or $0.00 in Scottsdale, MO on 5/2/18 at 9:57 pm

Comment

I spent $250 On white castle and BP gas in Chicago a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                I'm not sure how they got my number this time.

I'm Just glad its only for $99. last time was like $800. Either way its a small fortune for me.

I was on the app I use that alerts me to my card usage and there's 2 charges or $0.00 in Scottsdale, MO on 5/2/18 at 9:57 pm
                Your bank does not pay you back?

Comment

What credit card? Im using a capital one venture card and ever since they mailed me this metal card about 3 months ago, ive had this happen 5 times. That means they have to cancel the card and mail me a new one. Im about to change cards.

Comment

Found out I was somehow at two places in TX at the same time. Thief was using my card numbers to buy stuff in Austin.

Comment

Gotta love it when that happens. I was hit twice in one moth with two different cards. Not a fun process.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Your bank does not pay you back?
                        They will once we fill out the report.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                          What credit card? Im using a capital one venture card and ever since they mailed me this metal card about 3 months ago, ive had this happen 5 times. That means they have to cancel the card and mail me a new one. Im about to change cards.
                          It's a MasterCard Debit card through our bank.
                          I run it like credit except for the Bow Shop.

I'm using an app called Card Valet. I'm not sure if that will work with Capital One or not.

I know a guy that used the credit karma app. It after him to purchases made on his card. His wife doesn't like the app..

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                            Found out I was somehow at two places in TX at the same time. Thief was using my card numbers to buy stuff in Austin.
                            When my got skimmed last time I was at 3 places in Austin and the surrounding area within 2 minutes of each other.

I'm probably going back to cash.
                            I normally keep just enough in my checking to cover gas for the week.

I also do not have access to my savings account via my Debit Card. I think it adds an additional layer of protection.

Not do I have overdraft protection coming it if my Savings. I'll pay the $35 NSF fee.

Comment

Sadly its a billion dollar a year business that will never be stopped..

Comment

Working...
                              X