Resting Heart Rate & Sleep Cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resting Heart Rate & Sleep Cycle

So I just got a FitBit Charge 2 and have loved it. Although it says my resting heart rate is around 54-58 and my sleep cycle has stopped working.

So for the first thing how normal is that resting heart rate? when I looked up what was normal they said 70-100 so I am wondering if this HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) is truly that accurate. Also if it is why is my resting heart rate so low?

Also so the first night my sleep monitor worked and now it doesn't. I have attached some pictures for reference. My app is up to date for the device (phone updates all apps at night when plugged in).
    Attached Files

How fit are you? The heart is a muscle. Just like anything else it gets stronger and more efficient. Pumping more blood with each beat, this in turn lowers your resting heart rate.

I'm a bodybuilder stay around 245-265 and my rhr is 48-52.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Back when I was in shape my resting heart rate would be down in the low 30's. I had them refuse to take my blood donation before because it was so low. Now that I am old and out of shape my runs about 55. I would say not to worry about yours but I am not a doctor.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        How fit are you? The heart is a muscle. Just like anything else it gets stronger and more efficient. Pumping more blood with each beat, this in turn lowers your resting heart rate.

I'm a bodybuilder stay around 245-265 and my rhr is 48-52.

I mean I work out maybe 3 days a week (Weights or walking) and play softball and golf maybe once a week with each, but i am in no way "fit" like I use to be. to many beers and an aging metabolism as caught up fast.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
          I mean I work out maybe 3 days a week (Weights or walking) and play softball and golf maybe once a week with each, but i am in no way "fit" like I use to be. to many beers and an aging metabolism as caught up fast.
          I'd say your heart is just still in good shape. But I'm also not a Dr. Degrees in EXSS and lots of years experience. But still not a Dr..

Compared to 95% of the population that sits on arse all day, eats big macs and chugs soda you're a high functioning machine.

Comment

You made me have to look at mine. My RHR is 71 bpm. My sleep is what looks so bad. I have insomnia really bad and I don't take sleep aids. For the last 4 months I haven't averaged more than 3.5hrs a night for a week at a time. I usually sleep 2.5-3 hours another while being restless or awake for the same amount of time.

Comment

My resting is high 40s
              I'm in good shape could be better thou.
              Doc has never said anything about it.

Comment

That's a good resting heart rate. Mine stays from 54-57.

Comment

Does anyone's not track anymore or do you know how to get it to show the states of sleep that you are in?

Comment

My resting is 70-90.
                    84 at my last Dr. Apt. Doc said I was fine.
                    I went 2X past my target at my last stress test, so I have a horses heart.

Comment

Just a FYI, but I would take what your Fit bit or any of the HRM Watches for that matter, with a degree of leeway. They are not near accurate enough to base a medical opinion on. Don't get me wrong, they are a great tool for general workout measurements, but I would suggest using your finger and a stopwatch as a more accurate tool.

Comment

Working...
                      X