Steak competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak competition

My neighbor and I are cooking in our first steak comp next weekend. Any advice or tips.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Olive oil, Course salt, course pepper, hot fire and don't overcook it.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      Exactly how I cook mine, except reverse searing these days. Buddy did this a couple years ago he aged his for a long time.
      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 08-24-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

reverse sear... Do you have one of them chimney charcoal starters? Oh and if you're going for tenderness marinade them bad boys in pinneapple juice but for 30-40 minutes no more or it'll be too broken down. I just use course pepper, kosher salt and garlic granules.

Comment

Google up Malcolm Reed - how to BBQ right. He is a competitive cook and has won a bunch of steak cooks. He shares a bunch of tips on his page. He uses grill grates and swears by them

Comment

Ya'll looking for a judge?

Comment

here is what the chimney is for. guy is a little annoying but he can make a mean steak!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Tenderloin

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post

Comment

We will be issued steaks. Supposedly 1" choice Hereford ribeyes. Here's one 9f my normal steaks. I guess I need to learn to trim one up.

Comment

trim? thats a dirty word....

Comment

Originally posted by QDM4fun View Post
                        Google up Malcolm Reed - how to BBQ right. He is a competitive cook and has won a bunch of steak cooks. He shares a bunch of tips on his page. He uses grill grates and swears by them
                        I'll do that. I like that guy! Try his latest video on Nashville hot chicken. Delish!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                          here is what the chimney is for. guy is a little annoying but he can make a mean steak!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                          I cant get that to open.

Comment

Comment

I know. That little hunk of charred fat is my favorite part of the steak!
                              Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                              trim? thats a dirty word....

Comment

Working...
                              X