Video equipment needs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video equipment needs.

Loading up my Amazon cart because I want to start taking video of all my hunts. I looked through tons of content and figured the canon VIXIA HF G40 was the camera to have for my price range. What I’m looking for now is everything to go with it. What are the things you guys that video wish you had, or are glad you had to make everything work out perfect. Anything that’s convenient. Here’s a pic of what I’ve got so far, if there is a better version of something I have listed please let me know too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
    Loading up my Amazon cart because I want to start taking video of all my hunts. I looked through tons of content and figured the canon VIXIA HF G40 was the camera to have for my price range. What I’m looking for now is everything to go with it. What are the things you guys that video wish you had, or are glad you had to make everything work out perfect. Anything that’s convenient. Here’s a pic of what I’ve got so far, if there is a better version of something I have listed please let me know too.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post

Oh, and I plan on hunting from tree stands, tripods, and ground blinds.

Comment

If you are going to spend the money on that camera get a better camera arm and fluid head too. I think the Muddy outfitter arm is the low end of camera arms for serious filming.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          If you are going to spend the money on that camera get a better camera arm and fluid head too. I think the Muddy outfitter arm is the low end of camera arms for serious filming.
          ok so I swapped it with muddy 200 and a liquid head. thank you.

Comment

In my opinion, I'd drop that camera bag and spend that money on a good backpack if you don't already have one. You're going to find that carrying all of your camera gear plus all your hunting gear takes up a lot of space, and having a good storage system is key. I've experimented with several bags for all my gear, and I like the Alps Outdoorz bags and the Badlands packs the best out of everything I've tried so far.

Adam_p is 100% correct about the arm and the fluid head. A lot of people spend too much on cameras and accessories and don't realize that shaky footage can make even the most expensive camera look bad. Other things I'd consider might be a lanc controller (if your camera will accept it) and maybe some sort of mic.

Another couple of items that are just plain old convenient are sound deadening camo wrap to put on your arm and accessories and those rubber gear ties for transporting your stuff. You'll find that bringing a bunch of metal accessories to the stand can get pretty noisy pretty fast, so being able to minimize the amount of metal on metal contact is huge.

Comment

Working...
            X