Important things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important things

My 3.5 year old grandson loves going hunting with his Poppa. We dont see much we the movement and noise but that's fine with me. Looking forward to him "sitting" with me again this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good times!

Comment

Making memories. That's great!

Comment

My granddaughter is 4 and I can't wait to take her. It's definitely a beautiful thing to spend special time with the grand kids. Good luck

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Thats how both of my boys started out. I think some people felt sorry for me, but i just soaked it up!

Comment

Great times. At 4 years old my eldest could sit still for hours in the open with me while turkey hunting. Killed lots of critters with him at that age. My youngest son was bouncing off the walls the whole time and we never saw much. I equally cherished both scenarios.

Comment

Who cares if you see anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                  Who cares if you see anything!

Yep, those are my thoughts also.

Comment

The noise does not mean as much as the movement...if you could get him to sit still for just the prime time...maybe get into the stand just before prime time, I bet he would be more alert...get him his own Bino's and tell him to search all the trees, grass and bushes...kids learn very quick.

I remember taking my son at about 5. I told him we would stay as long as he wanted. Carried in a pop up, set it all up and about 5 o'clock, he said he was ready....packed it up and walked out right during the peak moving time...but it was still fun and the anticipation was great.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                      The noise does not mean as much as the movement...if you could get him to sit still for just the prime time...maybe get into the stand just before prime time, I bet he would be more alert...get him his own Bino's and tell him to search all the trees, grass and bushes...kids learn very quick.

I remember taking my son at about 5. I told him we would stay as long as he wanted. Carried in a pop up, set it all up and about 5 o'clock, he said he was ready....packed it up and walked out right during the peak moving time...but it was still fun and the anticipation was great.
                      It doesnt bother me at all if we dont see anything. As long as he is enjoying it I'm fine. Stillness and quietness will come with age.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Hale yeah! My kids are the same way. The 8 year old is getting much better, but the 5 year old is still noisy as a bull in a china closet. We have fun though and they love getting out there.

Comment

Think of how excited he will be when you actually spot something while on stand....he will talk about it forever!

Comment

Kids in the stand it always a great time.

Comment

My two boys are 8 and 10. My 8 youngest will sit and be still with the best of them. I actually take a nap with him while he watches the feeder. He will wake me up when deer or pigs start hitting the corn. My 10 year old had a problem sitting still until last year when he finally decided to pull the trigger. He cant wait until till the next trip to the lease. He has gotten very confident with his own 243 and wants to try a few headshots on pigs before neck shooting his doe. His words not mine. Both kids have been in the blind with me for the last 5 years and I wouldn't trade it for the world. My dad and I often argue about who is taking which kid now. Its kinda funny

Comment

Working...
                              X