No announcement yet.

Ever recover a deer like this? First time for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have set a game cam up the cougar will come back as long as the meat is still fresh. I have see this in south Texas about 20 years ago. Ate what he wanted and covered it up

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Should have set a game cam up the cougar will come back as long as the meat is still fresh. I have see this in south Texas about 20 years ago. Ate what he wanted and covered it up
      He did put a cam on it.

Comment

Mountain lion I saw this same thing in south Texas about 20 years ago. Should have set a game camera up on her. Probably could have gotten some cool picks.

Comment

My friend shot this doe whatever covered it up did it quick. Took us about 2 hours to find her. Really couldn't tell where the leaves and pine straw came from. Strange. Near DCNF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mountain lion. Saw the same thing in south Texas about 20 yrs ago. Should have set up a game cam. The lion will come back as long as the meat is fresh then move off and find another fresh meal.

Comment

In

Banded Drake Custom Calls

Comment

Definitely a cat. Put a game camera up and see, be sure to put the camera in video mode. My wife shot a doe a few years ago that we did not find until the next morning. It was covered up in dirt and pine straw. I put a camera up and got several days worth of pictures of the biggest bobcat I had ever seen. The best part was the battle that my camera caught between the bob cat and a pack of coyotes. I lasted several hours before the coyotes stole the doe from the bob cat.

Comment

In for pictures

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                    Definitely a cat. Put a game camera up and see, be sure to put the camera in video mode. My wife shot a doe a few years ago that we did not find until the next morning. It was covered up in dirt and pine straw. I put a camera up and got several days worth of pictures of the biggest bobcat I had ever seen. The best part was the battle that my camera caught between the bob cat and a pack of coyotes. I lasted several hours before the coyotes stole the doe from the bob cat.
                    Still got that video? I'd love to see it.

Comment

Ever recover a deer like this? First time for me

I would have guessed Mt Lion. I had no idea Bobcats would do that too.

Hope you get some pics.

I had some guys on a lease that this happened too in Wellington. We always assumed it was a Lion.

Comment

Did you tag the deer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

In for pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curious as well

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              Did you tag the deer?
                              I don't think he could legally leave it for lion bait if he tagged it so hopefully not. As he stated, meat was not salvageable so it was left.

Comment

In for pics !

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X