Just a SAFETY note for you Loc-On users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a SAFETY note for you Loc-On users

As the title implies. In general I usually do not see many threads like this, so here goes. I suppose there are more than just a few guys on TBH that use a Loc-On style tree stand. If you are one of these hunters, after a big cold front blows through, please check the straps that holds your ladder/climbing sticks to the tree. Yesterday I was climbing down and when I swung out of my tree stand, a strap came loose and the ladder separated from the tree. I did not fall, but it sure was close.

So fellers, check your straps and tree stand supports, even the straps that hold the stands themselves to the tree.

If you guys are like me, 99% of the time we hunt alone. If we was to get hurt or incapacitated some kind of way, it would be a lot of hours before help came. At that point you are at the mercy of the elements and creatures.

Well, that's my attempt at a Safety Moment, please heed my warning. I was almost a statistic yesterday. I don't want you to be one.

Many safe days to all and much Love to the Green Screen, Calvin

Did you have your safety harness attached?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Did you have your safety harness attached?
      I always wear a safety harness. Do you?

Comment

Good word. I climbed into mine yesterday and didn’t hook on till I was on the seat. It was sketchy on the way up and it sets about 18 ft high. Don’t forget to stay strapped in the whole way up too.

Comment

Yes sir. My brother in law fell like that about 5 year's ago he never walk the same.

Comment

Yeah I thought about this often... I bought a life line. There is no excuse for the little amount they cost. We owe it to those that who depend on us.

Comment

Im not completely sold on the climbing lifelines. They leave a lot to be desired. I know a couple of guys that have fallen using them. They fell and the lines broke. That being said, they are probably better than nothing.

If yall use them, post the brand, the good, the bad, if there is any. Honestly, that is something I have forgotten about(lifelines) and need to be reminded.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

We use these on our lease. Also makes the stands easy to find in the dark.Click image for larger version

Name:	New_LLS_1280__91636.1431696702.182.182.png
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	24559160

Comment

Lifeline x10

Comment

I was worried about my wife climbing in with out being tied off from the time her foot left the ground so I put lifelines on all our elevated blinds this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Im not completely sold on the climbing lifelines. They leave a lot to be desired. I know a couple of guys that have fallen using them. They fell and the lines broke. That being said, they are probably better than nothing.

If yall use them, post the brand, the good, the bad, if there is any. Honestly, that is something I have forgotten about(lifelines) and need to be reminded.
                        I use the HSS Lifeline. I have never had to test it and hopefully never will. In the incidents you know of that the line broke, do you know how long they had been out in the field?

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                          I use the HSS Lifeline. I have never had to test it and hopefully never will. In the incidents you know of that the line broke, do you know how long they had been out in the field?
                          I do not

Comment

Sound advice. As part of pre season preparations I will always go and replace all the straps and HSS lifelines as well. It's cheap insurance and extra peace of mind

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post

Need to hold 5k , think can I hang a pickup truck from this?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X