NFL Boycott is working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
    Your reading comprehension is as bad as your mind reading, but keep leveling accusations at someone you’ve never known...

My grandfather hit the beach in Anzio and helped run the Nazi’s out of most of Italy before a German grenade sent him home. He was a leader in his local VFW until the day he passed.

My father was a retired colonel in the United States Air Force. His burial flag is front and center in my living room. I’ve spent almost half my life on or near US military installations. He swore me into the United States Navy in 1993.

I spent 5 years riding around in a steel can called the USS Jefferson City, with 2 trips to the Persian Gulf. I donate significant dollars and time to military and veteran causes every year.

If my personal patriotism doesn’t meet your ideological standards, that’s your problem.

I find watching the left and right argue about who and what is and isn’t patriotic to be annoying and sad. This seems like a pretty simple opinion to understand. I realize it doesn’t align with your tribal doctrine, but I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be able to comprehend it.

I find the constant obsession with social justice on the left and the patriotic pandering to those on the right by a President who never sniffed the military to be unnecessarily divisive and counterproductive. I’m also not alone in that thinking. A majority of Americans don’t support the NFL protests and an even larger majority don’t believe Trump’s comments about the NFL were appropriate.

There are patriotic men of exceptional character in the NFL, and there are warriors in the US military and US military veterans who don’t agree with you on this. I’m not going to write these Americans off because Trump felt a need to start a national culture and patriotism war over a few football players taking a knee.
    Honestly, anyone not living in a silo knows this to be statements of truth. Thank GOD I live in America were I don't have to participate in group think or end up in prison eating bugs!
    Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    Thank you for you and your families service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yessir.........I can appreciate it on multiple levels! No matter where somebody stands or don't stand.
    Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Death to the NFL!

On a side note....Zeke is cleared to play against SF

Go Cowboys!
    I'll be streaming it at work.
    He should be well rested and ready to roll.........and entertain!!!
    Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
    It has no bearing on the President, it has full bearing on the disrespect these Men have on America, and their influence on Tomorrow's Generation.

This started well before Trump was elected into office. 2015 to be exact

Colin Kaepernick said his protest was about police brutality - the Michael Brown “murder," “hands up don’t shoot”, support for BLM and their “roast them like bacon” chants. As Colin proudly wore pig socks. And considering this vicious anti police rhetoric, draws attention and adoration of the cop hating liberal media, which helped fuel a hidden agenda and bolster ratings and support for an ALT LEFT movement. To use the National Anthem as a soapbox for his protest is an insult to the country and its veterans, and to POLITICIZE the AMERICAN PASTIME SPORT OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL, allowing their influence to now send a message to our youth….there’s more to it, than Social Injustice and Patriotic Pandering.

I bet literally 75% of the NFL Players, have well over 100 different view-points on why they are taking a knee? They honestly can’t really make a case publically and that’s the irony of this whole disrespectful initiative.

What America is sick of.....list of American’s growing by the millions........ the absolute hypocrisy of disallowing respect and honor, of 5 fallen DALLAS LAWMEN on Cowboy's Uniforms and the utter disrespect of Tim Tebow - praying in 2011, wearing a Bronco's uniform. Yet Colin Kaepernick can wear PIG socks and fully disrespect our National Anthem, in the pursuit of Gangster\Thug like narratives?

This crap has been festering for a long time…well beyond Trump’s play to the liberal press.

CWO2 RK Zabroky, USCG (ret) sends!
    Nothing wrong with that at all Rob! Fair points from both of you men that sacrificed for our nation. My dad did the same for 22 years in the USAF........but lets be clear it was his ticket out of the streets of NOLA in the late 50's! The FIRST amendment is there for a reason and there are consequences for choosing to voice.........or not voice an opinion! I will say one thing.........if NFL players are influencing someones child (next generation) WE all have bigger issues as a nation!!!

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
      Your reading comprehension is as bad as your mind reading, but keep leveling accusations at someone you’ve never known...

My grandfather hit the beach in Anzio and helped run the Nazi’s out of most of Italy before a German grenade sent him home. He was a leader in his local VFW until the day he passed.

My father was a retired colonel in the United States Air Force. His burial flag is front and center in my living room. I’ve spent almost half my life on or near US military installations. He swore me into the United States Navy in 1993.

I spent 5 years riding around in a steel can called the USS Jefferson City, with 2 trips to the Persian Gulf. I donate significant dollars and time to military and veteran causes every year.

If my personal patriotism doesn’t meet your ideological standards, that’s your problem.

I find watching the left and right argue about who and what is and isn’t patriotic to be annoying and sad. This seems like a pretty simple opinion to understand. I realize it doesn’t align with your tribal doctrine, but I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be able to comprehend it.

I find the constant obsession with social justice on the left and the patriotic pandering to those on the right by a President who never sniffed the military to be unnecessarily divisive and counterproductive. I’m also not alone in that thinking. A majority of Americans don’t support the NFL protests and an even larger majority don’t believe Trump’s comments about the NFL were appropriate.

There are patriotic men of exceptional character in the NFL, and there are warriors in the US military and US military veterans who don’t agree with you on this. I’m not going to write these Americans off because Trump felt a need to start a national culture and patriotism war over a few football players taking a knee.
      Honestly, anyone not living in a silo knows this to be statements of truth. Thank GOD I live in America were I don't have to participate in group think or end up in prison eating bugs!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
      Thank you for you and your families service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Yessir.........I can appreciate it on multiple levels! No matter where somebody stands or don't stand.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
      Death to the NFL!

On a side note....Zeke is cleared to play against SF

Go Cowboys!
      I'll be streaming it at work.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AtTheWall View Post
      It has no bearing on the President, it has full bearing on the disrespect these Men have on America, and their influence on Tomorrow's Generation.

Colin Kaepernick said his protest was about police brutality - the Michael Brown “murder," “hands up don’t shoot”, support for BLM and their “roast them like bacon” chants. As Colin proudly wore pig socks. And considering this vicious anti police rhetoric, draws attention and adoration of the cop hating liberal media, which helped fuel a hidden agenda and bolster ratings and support for an ALT LEFT movement. To use the National Anthem as a soapbox for his protest is an insult to the country and its veterans, and to POLITICIZE the AMERICAN PASTIME SPORT OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL, allowing their influence to now send a message to our youth….there’s more to it, than Social Injustice and Patriotic Pandering.

I bet literally 75% of the NFL Players, have well over 100 different view-points on why they are taking a knee? They honestly can’t really make a case publically and that’s the irony of this whole disrespectful initiative.

What America is sick of.....list of American’s growing by the millions........ the absolute hypocrisy of disallowing respect and honor, of 5 fallen DALLAS LAWMEN on Cowboy's Uniforms and the utter disrespect of Tim Tebow - praying in 2011, wearing a Bronco's uniform. Yet Colin Kaepernick can wear PIG socks and fully disrespect our National Anthem, in the pursuit of Gangster\Thug like narratives?

This crap has been festering for a long time…well beyond Trump’s play to the liberal press.

Nothing wrong with that at all Rob! Fair points from both of you men that sacrificed for our nation. My dad did the same for 22 years in the USAF........but lets be clear it was his ticket out of the streets of NOLA in the late 50's! The FIRST amendment is there for a reason and there are consequences for choosing to voice.........or not voice an opinion! I will say one thing.........if NFL players are influencing someones child (next generation) WE all have bigger issues as a nation!
      Yes agree but these Men too, wear a Uniform. The Lawmen and Military men who serve for peanuts, can not make a public statement WEARING A UNIFORM.

The Moment these Athletes slip on their uniforms, they represent a Business and are serving for cause.

In other words, these men can say and do what they want too off the field, but considering the Stadiums they play in, are typically paid with Taxpayer incentives in the Cities they are representing......my thought is, they too must adhere to the respect others in Uniform must adhere to?

Wearing those jerseys, they are representing the firms they are paid to represent.

If I got out in the parking lot, of my place of work, and disrespected some making a political statement.....I'm sure HR will find a way to get me released. It's not good for business.

If the NFL opts to now allow this to happen, many who supported the game, will simply stop supporting the game. Professional American sports have traditionally held themselves well above the Political BS. Many of us hate the Political BS of today, and we too, can move elsewhere with monies and support.....which is easy to do when disrespecting the National Anthem for many of us, is right there with burning Old Glory in hate.

This is the difference Oscar...from the way many see it.
      Last edited by AtTheWall; 10-18-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Nothing wrong with that at all Rob! Fair points from both of you men that sacrificed for our nation. My dad did the same for 22 years in the USAF........but lets be clear it was his ticket out of the streets of NOLA in the late 50's! The FIRST amendment is there for a reason and there are consequences for choosing to voice.........or not voice an opinion! I will say one thing.........if NFL players are influencing someones child (next generation) WE all have bigger issues as a nation!!!

Let's be clear it was his ticket out of NOLA??? OK

Both sides of my family immigrated here to escape oppression in Poland and Ireland....... all legal and lived here through the depression. Almost all males on both sides served in WWI, WWII , Korea, Vietnam, Sandbox and several unknowns in between

Athletes influencing children WILL be a problem???? How many years have people been killing each other for Air Jordan shoes?

But that's the great thing about this country. We can all express our thoughts and opinions. No harm, no foul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          Let's be clear it was his ticket out of NOLA??? OK

Both sides of my family immigrated here to escape oppression in Poland and Ireland....... all legal and lived here through the depression. Almost all males on both sides served in WWI, WWII , Korea, Vietnam, Sandbox and several unknowns in between

Athletes influencing children WILL be a problem???? How many years have people been killing each other for Air Jordan shoes?

But that's the great thing about this country. We can all express our thoughts and opinions. No harm, no foul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          How many have NOT killed someone for Air Jordans is the real question? But I do understand your point...trash does exist in our society......for the 98th percentile I agree completely!
          And absolutely, self expression (freely) is a "great thing......as are the consequences!"
          Last edited by Landrover; 10-18-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Yes agree but these Men too, wear a Uniform. The Lawmen and Military men who serve for peanuts, can not make a public statement WEARING A UNIFORM.

The Moment these Athletes slip on their uniforms, they represent a Business and are serving for cause.

In other words, these men can say and do what they want too off the field, but considering the Stadiums they play in, are typically paid with Taxpayer incentives in the Cities they are representing......my thought is, they too must adhere to the respect others in Uniform must adhere to?

Wearing those jerseys, they are representing the firms they are paid to represent.

If I got out in the parking lot, of my place of work, and disrespected some making a political statement.....I'm sure HR will find a way to get me released. It's not good for business.

If the NFL opts to now allow this to happen, many who supported the game, will simply stop supporting the game. Professional American sports have traditionally held themselves well above the Political BS. Many of us hate the Political BS of today, and we too, can move elsewhere with monies and support.....which is easy to do when disrespecting the National Anthem for many of us, is right there with burning Old Glory in hate.

Yes, many see it that way and I value that stance. Not saying anything is wrong with that at all. Historically, American Professional sports actually have ALWAYS been a political and sometimes a racial platform. It makes many uncomfortable but it has proven to be a catalyst for change for ........at least 100 years. Well before our time was Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, heck even Jack Johnson to a certain extent! In some TBHers time were the track stars of the 1960's in Mexico City, Mohamed Ali, Curt Flood, etc, etc, etc. Nothing new at all when it comes to American athlete's having a voice in society. Traditionally money has not left the sports (waaaaay too much at stake) but some athlete's were permanently harmed........Curt Flood for example.........but now ALL athletes clamor for FREE AGENCY opportunities. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
            This situation has morphed out of context from what I can tell. It was about police brutality (that I agree was handled wrongly by Kap)...........now the talking points are all about disrespecting the flag? Interesting to say the least. All in all this to shall pass, there will be winners & losers and all relegated to the history books soon enough! For me I need the SAINTS to beat the PACKERS without Aaron Rodgers behind center......lol!

Comment

Rob, I enjoy most every post you make on this site.

BUT

These 2 right here I Love!

Really considering a copy/paste to other social media.

Comment

Glad my weekends are NFL free.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  I'm kind of a volleyball fan myself.

[ATTACH]877100[/ATTACH]
                  I want to date her sister ---Miss Tight Bottoms.

Comment

NFL Boycott is working.

Perfect summation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NFL = Not For Long.

Comment

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The protest against the flag, the anthem, LE or whatever is just the tip of the iceberg.
                        I’m tired of supporting thugs, druggies, drunks and women beaters. Started a couple of years ago where I started watching less and less of pro sports. Haven’t watched a whole game combined since week one of preseason. Hate that good people like Dak and Whitten get hurt here but they ain’t worth millions either...
                        And college isn’t any better either. Mostly a bunch of thugs wanting millions and a free ride.
                        Turned’em all off. Have better things to do.

Comment

If the players really want to effect change in this country they have the power to do so. Protesting is not the way to get things done though. My thought is they should take some of their time and money and invest it in the next generation. Take a group of children that have no positive role model and teach them proper respect. Show them how to conduct themselves that will not put them in a position to be harassed by the police. Show them that a good education can help them. Show them that they are someone worthy of love and respect. Give them a safe place to go after school. Talk is cheep.They are protesting wanting someone else to make changes to the world we live in. The change they want will have to start with actions not words. A photo op for some inner city playground will not be enough. It will take a long term process and cannot be done from the stadium. There will always be bad apples on both sides. Children of all backgrounds look up to the sports stars. Some of the stars do good things in the community and some get arrested. It is up to the players to decide if they want to contribute to the problem or be part of the solution. Instead of making a scene they need to get off their knee and go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                            If the players really want to effect change in this country they have the power to do so. Protesting is not the way to get things done though. My thought is they should take some of their time and money and invest it in the next generation. Take a group of children that have no positive role model and teach them proper respect. Show them how to conduct themselves that will not put them in a position to be harassed by the police. Show them that a good education can help them. Show them that they are someone worthy of love and respect. Give them a safe place to go after school. Talk is cheep.They are protesting wanting someone else to make changes to the world we live in. The change they want will have to start with actions not words. A photo op for some inner city playground will not be enough. It will take a long term process and cannot be done from the stadium. There will always be bad apples on both sides. Children of all backgrounds look up to the sports stars. Some of the stars do good things in the community and some get arrested. It is up to the players to decide if they want to contribute to the problem or be part of the solution. Instead of making a scene they need to get off their knee and go to work.

Comment

Goodell caved.....
                              basically said same **** they had in the book... 'players *should* stand... and its what the NFL wants...but arent going to treat the premaddonna ****nuts as employees...

Hope the NFL takes a even bigger hit now.

Team owners have yet to have their meeting supposedly over this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Goodell caved.....
                                basically said same **** they had in the book... 'players *should* stand... and its what the NFL wants...but arent going to treat the premaddonna ****nuts as employees...

Hope the NFL takes a even bigger hit now.

Team owners have yet to have their meeting supposedly over this ****.
                                If the owners don't agree with Goodell they can fire him. But they won't...

Comment

Working...
                                X