Another Log Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Log Blind Build

Before the flood started on Memorial Day, my son and I started rebuilding the one of our blinds. We were still trying to improve upon the first log blind design. I tried to create more of an overlap for the door to make an easy entry and no opening to be sky-lighted. We also had some railroad ties that we hauled out to the blind. Logan and I had gotten the wire panel set and come up with an idea to make the backdrop with the railroad ties. Pyrobow and I continued the work this weekend and almost got it completed. I intend to add a little on the doorway and we have to cut the shooting hole when we take a chair out there to measure the right height. Here are some before and after pics. I'll try to get these in order with the feeder side(door), back, and the trail side. We also covered the top with the base from a trampoline but I didn't take pics of the roof design. We cut a panel and arched it across the top and added the trampoline material for shade.
    Attached Files

Pretty neat!

Comment

That should do the trick. I would use it, but I think I'd be distracted constantly looking for rattlesnakes.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
        That should do the trick. I would use it, but I think I'd be distracted constantly looking for rattlesnakes.
        Me too........

Comment

Nice

Comment

Spiders would be my nemesis with that blind.

Nice thing about that blind is that the first big spider you see, you just light the dang thing and then go grab some marshmallows

Instant bonfire

Comment

Yep bugs and snakes were my first thought. Cool looking. Definitely camo to environment that it resides.

Comment

Thats pretty awesome may have to try that this year

Comment

That's a nice rattle bug habitat you have there. You might be able to apply for some government funding. All kidding a side nice blind!

Comment

I've built quite a few like that. Very simple and a great price. Just a little labor. I like the big logs. I've always just used cedar branches. Nice work.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Weary walk into that thing in the dark.

But darn cool

Comment

that blind should work perfect

Comment

Working...
                          X