Krivoman Blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman Blinds?

Been looking at these blinds on the web. But two questions I have I cant seem to find an answer to.
    1. How much does the blind actually weight?
    2. Everyone says it is lite weight. I have seen some people put it on the ground, some with rubber horse mats. If on the ground how do you secure it from blowing over during bad weather? Stake it to the ground?

All in all it looks like a pretty impressive blind. Thanks for your answers.

They weigh about 100 lbs, give or take. All of ours are on towers now, but they used to be on the ground. Never tied down, no stakes. They never moved. Actually, so far even the towers never move. Maybe something to do with the round shape. Dunno. But I do know they are still the best bow blinds on the market.

Comment

I was at Mitch’s shop last week picking up a feeder and checked out his new design. Seems like about the perfect plug and play bow blind solution. The door is especially nice. He had gun models there with smaller windows as well.

Comment

Wow, 100 lbs. and no wind issues sounds good. Sounds like I am going to take a trip over to Leander to check them out.

Do they have a shelf in them? If not what is the best method. I hate to drill a hole in it. I may be leaning toward a gun model or hybrid, I seen some photos of a hybrid bow/gun model, since I do most of my bow hunting from a ladder stand.
        Thanks Guys for sharing.

Comment

i put mine on a small 8x8 treated wood deck and put a rubber horse mat under the blind for noise reduction. then i drill a screw and washer thru the lip of the blind and thru the rubber mat into the deck.

for the one i have on the ground without a deck, i just pushed 4 tent stakes thru the lip of the blind, thru the rubber mat and into the ground

i have never had one move, and while the fastening to the deck is probably overkill, we get some solid winds in junction some times

great blinds too btw

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
            Wow, 100 lbs. and no wind issues sounds good. Sounds like I am going to take a trip over to Leander to check them out.

Do they have a shelf in them? If not what is the best method. I hate to drill a hole in it. I may be leaning toward a gun model or hybrid, I seen some photos of a hybrid bow/gun model, since I do most of my bow hunting from a ladder stand.
            Thanks Guys for sharing.
            no shelf, but i have used the little camping expandable shelf setup as it is portable depending on what side people shoot from. or i use the second chair if i am on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
              i put mine on a small 8x8 treated wood deck and put a rubber horse mat under the blind for noise reduction. then i drill a screw and washer thru the lip of the blind and thru the rubber mat into the deck.

for the one i have on the ground without a deck, i just pushed 4 tent stakes thru the lip of the blind, thru the rubber mat and into the ground

i have never had one move, and while the fastening to the deck is probably overkill, we get some solid winds in junction some times

great blinds too btw
              Thanks for some good ideas on how to set it up.

Comment

The latest version actually has a rolled bottom edge that will allow you to stake it down from the INSIDE of the blind if you want. That's how Mitch and his boys attach them to their new towers... Can just drill screw the inside lip of the blind to the base... no holes through the outside of the blind at all and it's secure... Hadn't thought about those rubber mats for a floor... but the new design of the blind would lend itself very well to adding that rubber mat as the bottom edge is actually a channel that rolls to the inside. The mat could be cut (and pieced together) so that it goes in the gap created by the rolled bottom edge very easily.

Comment

I have one of his original first versions. I just put it on a 1 ft high plywood platform I build. It has a bottom lip on it and I put 4 screws through it into the plywood. Had a tornado go through our place a few years ago, knocked over a ton a trees. A few guys lost their blinds, got blown over. Mine was sitting there like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                    I have one of his original first versions. I just put it on a 1 ft high plywood platform I build. It has a bottom lip on it and I put 4 screws through it into the plywood. Had a tornado go through our place a few years ago, knocked over a ton a trees. A few guys lost their blinds, got blown over. Mine was sitting there like nothing happened.
                    Like Chance said above must be the round shape. Good to know, thanks.

Comment

Not sure on the exact weight but they're light enough you can stand inside, pick them up and walk with them. Moved a couple like this a few weeks ago. If you got real ambitious you could stalk critters like that and just drop the blind when they were looking at you

The little pop up tripod chairs or dove stools work well to help set gear on.

Comment

As far as customizing - mine is the three window version and I added a small (3"x8") viewing window at eye level on each side so I can better see what's coming. It was very easy. I cut the hole with a jigsaw then used small machine screws and nuts to attach a piece of tinted Lexan, which is flexible enough to bend around the curve. I thought about a shelf but ended up making a short "end table" about 12"x12" where I can keep my binos, phone, etc in arm's reach.

Comment

The new mold is a little heavier due to the double pour of color and the deluxe windows. Have not weighted them but prob 145-150lbs. Easy for one person to move.

As for wind they are really good about sitting where you left them. Round shape helps alot.

Comment

I have two that are on the ground and just dug out where the lip sits and placed dirt back over it. I have never had any issues with them moving.

Comment

Very soon Mitch I will be hitting you or Mr. Sasser up!!

Comment

Working...
                              X