Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
    2019 Bataan training ruck #1 in the books this morning.

5.4 miles in 1:42.

Got the wife out this morning to start getting her dialed in for her first event out at White Sands. She's going to do the 14 mile route.
    You doing the STAR course in SA this weekend?

We are in for the 50, shooting for sub-14 hour time. If we finish in time I'm going to do the 12-miler also. Not too many double STAR course finishers out there,....yet. I want to do it while it's still cool. LOL

Comment

I've been rucking serious (4-5X per week) for 4 months now. Getting ready for a AZ hunt in 53 days. My loaded hunt pack + weapon weight is 50 pounds so I began with a 35# pack and have worked up to 60# total now. I figure that training 10 pounds over my hunt weight will give me the conditioning that I need. I mainly just walk up and down a bunch of hills and try to keep the pace as fast as possible with good posture. I've now added 2 days a week of Jacob's Ladder in the gym. I feel strong as an OX at this point and ready for the hunt. Cut calories a month ago and already down 10 pounds. I feel that rucking is an extremely effective way to workout and love the results I have seen thus far.

Anyone else on the GS still ruck regularly?

Comment

I'm still at it. Headed out Friday for a 26.2 miler in Deadwood, SD. Gonna have to miss Bataan for 2020, but am signed up for the Leadville heavy half in June. Going to have to figure out how to train for that altitude.

Comment

For 3 weeks now I have been rucking 3 miles before work ( every.3rd.day)
          3 miles, 45 min. 55 lbs

Comment

Add a small 6- 8 lb sand bag to hand carry as you walk.
            Builds great hand and arm strength. Add some jax and pushups every 20 min or so. Really helps out.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F8EDB4E8-1D64-4D45-893C-732CEB33A98D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	24592711

26.2 miles. 7:57. 45#.

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                  [ATTACH]973376[/ATTACH]

26.2 miles. 7:57. 45#.

Impressed!

Comment

Anybody doing the STAR course in Dallas this weekend?

The weather forecast changed to cold with thunderstorms just in time for the event.
                    Last edited by flatlander; 10-07-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                      Anybody doing the STAR course in Dallas this weekend?

The weather forecast changed to cold with thunderstorms just in time for the event.
                      I'm going to miss it this year, but my partner from last year is going. Hopefully the rain stays away from y'all but bouncing through downtown during UT/OU weekend? Have fun with that!

Comment

Just registered for this one in Baytown (again).

Ruck 293

Comment

Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Bataan death march memorial.

Event is canceled due to Coronavirus panic.
                          10,000 marchers were registered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            Bataan death march memorial.

Event is canceled due to Coronavirus panic.
                            10,000 marchers were registered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Just got the email from them confirming this.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6836F331-6EB6-4FA8-8EC7-93A821FB3795.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	24613382

Starting Rucking last week, my 3rd trip out, with 18lbs in my backpack. My pace would be a little better but the family start out with me for the first 1.8 miles.

Comment

So after reading this thread a few years ago, I got interested in the idea of rucking. I never bought a ruck pack specific for rucking, but after weighing my hunting gear set up for saddle hunting, it's 35 lbs, so I've been wearing that and going on 2 to 4 mile walks at night. I've done about 5 walks so far the last couple of weeks. This is great. To be honest, I can only walk about a mile before my back starts to kill me and I have to sit for a few minutes to loosen back up. I have a herniated disc and a pars defect causing this pain. Well, I was able to do over 4 miles last night and there is no stopping, no pain with 35 lbs on my back. It's like I'm 20 again and can just go forever. I think the 35 lbs on my back offsets the weight I carry on the front end, and equally distributes the load more appropriately. I'm going to continue doing this but glad I found this thread again. I'll start posting my walks. Keep me honest boys!

Comment

Working...
                                X