• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put in for 10 so far

Guessing I got another PP for pro horn since I didn't get an email

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
      Means that you didn't draw. People that did draw have a certain amount of time to purchase their permits. If they don't purchase them for whatever reason their permits will be put back in the "hopper" for a second draw. If all permits get purchased the first time there will not be a second draw.
      Thanks

Comment

Where do you go to check results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4R Daddy View Post

Go to the check status part once you click on the link. Enter your information and it will take you to the place to check if you've drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by 4R Daddy View Post

Same site you put in for the hunts... It will have a brake down on the status of all your hunts.

Comment

Thanks. What are the loyalty points? I guess you have very little chance of getting selected the first few years?

Comment

Something to think about for you guys that think those preference points are going be a lot of help. If there are 100 people (or points in the drawing) putting in for 1 permit you have a 1% chance of drawing. If you have 2 pp then you have a 2% chance of drawing. Your odds just doubled but you have a 98% chance you won't draw. And a lot of these drawings have worse odds than in the example. I think I have 7 pp archery deer this year. Odds are I will not draw if I put in for one of the better (low odds) draws but I will continue to try. I'm not very optimistic though. Lol.

Comment

0/3 so far

Comment

We put in for 11 categories, with a group of 4 guys. Used to get drawn every other year or so, until they changed the system. We’re getting pretty stacked on points, so maybe it will happen this year. 0 fer 2 so far.

Comment

In for 6, 0-1 so far (pending second draw for pronghorn in Rita Blanca).

Comment

0-3 so far. I put in as the deadlines come up, i'll be putting in for a few more before the 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                          Something to think about for you guys that think those preference points are going be a lot of help. If there are 100 people (or points in the drawing) putting in for 1 permit you have a 1% chance of drawing. If you have 2 pp then you have a 2% chance of drawing. Your odds just doubled but you have a 98% chance you won't draw. And a lot of these drawings have worse odds than in the example. I think I have 7 pp archery deer this year. Odds are I will not draw if I put in for one of the better (low odds) draws but I will continue to try. I'm not very optimistic though. Lol.

I have 12 PPs for pronghorn

~5000 applicants for less than 10 permits every year

Which means 4990 PPs per year added to the hopper

Comment

Drawing odds

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                            The odds listed on the tpwd website don't show preference points. So if a hunt shows 1,000 applicants, that means 1,000 people applied, who know how many points each one had. You can't calculate your actual odds since you don't have all the information.

Comment

Nilgai hunts

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                              This is the year I get drawn for the Nilgai Refuge hunts...it's gonna happen!
                              Are you putting on for the archery hunts? Those odds are pretty good. Rifle hunt not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                                The odds listed on the tpwd website don't show preference points. So if a hunt shows 1,000 applicants, that means 1,000 people applied, who know how many points each one had. You can't calculate your actual odds since you don't have all the information.
                                That's why I put points in parenthesis in the example. Bottom line is it's a very low odds even with pp in most of the better draws. That said, I still will apply for some. Somebody has to get drawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X