My Monster 300+ Lb. Hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Monster 300+ Lb. Hog

My husband, Gene, and I decided to hunt Tues. 10/16/12, after he got off of work. It was a bit drizzly and I was set up in my stand for about an hour. I kept hearing hogs off in the distance, but seen nothing. Finally I got bored and took my phone out to play a game. I happen to look back out the window and off to the far left I could see the snout of a hog. I quitely pocketed my phone and readied my Hoyt TurboHawk for it to come into range. He hog stepped out and right away I knew he was bigger than any other hog I've ever seen! He got to the corn, 20 yards away, and I raised my bow up, getting ready to draw back. Something spooked him and he ran back off to my right again, but I knew he was right out of sight since I could still hear him. I lowered my bow and waited for him to come back. About 2 minutes later he made his way back to the corn. This time I let him get good and comfy eating the corn before I tried drawing back again. He was broadside and I drew back, settled my pin in the middle of his shoulder and squeezed the trigger. My arrow hit home and I saw him run back off to the left again with my pink nock glowing. I took my phone out and text my husband that I shot a hog and he said he was on his way. He arrived and we started to track him. First I found my lighted nock, some how it popped off of my arrow. Then we went farther into the woods and he found the half of my arrow that stuck out. We tracked some more, each step finding more and more blood on the ground and up on the sides of trees that the rubbed against as he ran. Finally a little over a 100 yards from where I first hit him, my husband called out that he sees him lying on the ground. As we got closer to him we realized exactly how huge he really was! The two of us drugged him out, slowly taking breaks, out into an open area, then went back for the truck. With a little thinking, Gene decided to take out his 1 ton strap, tie it to his hind legs, threw it over a large oak tree branch and tied the end to a bracket inside the bed of the truck towards the cab of the truck. He got in and pulled forward lifting the hog enough that he could swing it in the bed and cut the rope lol! He weighed in the lower 300 pound range and is by far the biggest animal I've ever harvested with my bow!! Dressing him out, we found that I shot through his lungs and it angled down and cut the top of his heart.

I pulled 50 pounds, shooting an Easton Flatline 500 arrow with a G5 Montec broadhead.

Awesome hog. Congrats. You may want to a mod and have them move this to the bow kill section.

Comment

Congrats on the monster swine.
      KAP!!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Thats a big ole pig. Congrats

Comment

congrats nice hog

Comment

Congrats - LOTSA PORK there

Comment