last minute cull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last minute cull

i was able to FINALLY put the smack down on a buck at my lease at 5:40 pm. today! it has been the most frustrating and disappointing year i have experienced on my lease in 21 years. i have logged close to 120 hunts this year and have watched 6 bucks that i have been feeding protein and passing on over the last few years get killed by the neighboring ranch! oh well free ranging deer but it still just ****** me off. they were a slick 8 that scored 146, ten with kickers that scored 148 with 5" bases, ten(140), eight with kicker (135), nine with kicker (135) and a slick 9 (139) just had to vent for a second. back to the old 8 tonight. i have seen this 8 for the past 3 seasons and he has not gained nor gone down much at all in those 3 years. i have tons of off season pics of him eating protein but have not seen him in person since the end of sept. when all of my deer disappeared till this morning. he would not give me a great shot and i did not want to push a shot so it let him walk. well i thought it was over till 5:30pm. this evening when in came mr. oldie and stood @ 19 yards eating corn. within a few minutes he had a rage 2 blade in him. it was a quartering away shot with the entrance some 5-6" behind the rt. shoulder and the rage ended up buried in the opposite shoulder. the blood was great for the first 15 yards then almost nothing other than a drop every 10 yards or so. he ended up going about 110 yards with a ton of blood the last 10 yards or so. he was 8 1/2 years old and scored a "record breaking" 95 6/8"! man i never thought i would say this BUT i am sooooooooooo glad this season is over!!
    Attached Files

Congrats, Brandon! Definitely a deer worthy of an arrow. See you in a few weeks at the wedding.

Comment

Nice old fella, GT.

Well done!
      Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

That's one old deer. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter View Post
          Congrats, Brandon! Definitely a deer worthy of an arrow. See you in a few weeks at the wedding.
          chris its amazing how these old ones look like a 3 1/2 year old when they get old as hell. even though i knew he was at least 5 1/2 or 6 1/2. when i was at full draw on him he still looked like a 3 1/2.

get your drinking cap on for the wedding!

thanks for the congrats guys!

Comment

congrats on the old bruiser! Well done!

Comment

Congrats on the old man

Comment

Congrats Brandon

Comment

Great Job Brandon--about Right Deer Start Showing Up At The End
                  Thats Hunting

Comment

Lisa says "nice".

Comment

Congrats on the old guy. I am not glad the season is over, but next year will be better.

Comment

Congrats on the kill!!

Comment

Congrats, looks like it was a good deer to take.

Comment

Nothing like waitin until the last minute..J/K

Persistance finally pays off.

Congrats.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one waiting for a fresh start this next season.

Congrats on the buck anyway, he's still awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X