Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    Sorry I ms understood my FIL at lunch today. It will be closed soon. He is a very Credible source. He is in a meeting with OEM and the Levee District right now discussing the greatwood and sienna areas along the brazos. I'll update if I get any info
    Thanks, we would appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      From FB
      Anyone know if these are legit facts?

Comment

Downtown Houston

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
          Everything I can find to read says to add the foot stage to the datum to get a water surface level in relation to sea level. Are you saying that is not correct ? Can you explain further ? The stage is feet above the datum, correct ? Would the total feet plus the datum tell you height above sea level ?
          Yessir, I don't think you are correct, but I can find no anchor as to what the "datum" is across the board... for instance you can pick a gauge up and downstream on any given river (I watch the Trinity closely), and the base datum varies greatly... For instance at Moss Hill the flood stage for the trinity is 26 feet at Liberty but it's only 12.2 feet at Moss Bluff, and that is upstream quite a way from Liberty... I don't really think there's any correlation between the "stage" feet and sea level...

Comment

This has become insane...witnessing a 500 year flood it appears.

I'm proud of Texas right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhunter77 View Post
              Downtown Houston

Comment

Comment

Anybody know anything about the mustang bayou level near Manvel? My sisters place is about 100 yds from it. They have been in Colorado and just got back but can't get home. Their neighbor texted this afternoon saying the bayou is to their back fence. It's not looking good!

Comment

Hey New Orleans remember that favor we did for yall. Well.........

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                      I am trying to find a way to change this map to 60'.....or at least 59'. Do you know how to do so?

Our house will be flooding soon and I'm trying to determine if we can stay within our neighborhood or need to leave further out.

Thanks,

Sackett

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Hey New Orleans remember that favor we did for yall. Well.........
                        Just send one guy....

Comment

Just got back from helping out in Dickinson. It's crazy bad out there.

Comment

Right now they're saying that some neighborhoods near Addicks will have feet of water in it for a couple months. That's crazy stuff.

Comment

Comment

City of Liberty has had about all it can stand. Pumps have kept up so far but this last round is getting deep. If it doesn't let up soon it will be bad. The dam is supposed to release 10000 cfm for every inch of rain at the dam. It takes 48 hours from the lake to liberty.Saltwater Slick with all due respect Moss hill is upsteam and miss bluff is downstream

Comment

Working...
                                X