No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this thread. I will be leaving sometime Thursday. I am going to post my gear list for y'all experienced Elk slayers to scrutinize.

Comment

Time to bump this.

Comment

Yes sir. Time to start applying for 2017 hunts. I'm donating my money to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Nevada. good luck to everybody in the draws!

Comment

Any of you guys hunted Oregon for elk ? My folks just bought a place just outside of Bend. Think I'll try hunting up there. Their place backs up to the Deschutes national forest.

Comment

AZ works on bonus points, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
              What units are you going to apply for?
              Most outfitters pay to hunt national forest or blm, If the pay for the Gila, there are 5 or 6 units covered. They may not cover the Gila and the Carson forests.

Comment

Get your AZ and WY applications in people!!!

Comment

Looks like me and Traildust are putting in for a Gila draw through an outfitter. Wish us luck!

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what to do in Az.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                      I'm trying to figure out what to do in Az.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                      We all have a chance now!!! Shoot for the moon, and see what happens. With the lottery part of the NR draw now, you can draw a 10 or 9 tag on your first attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Looks like me and Traildust are putting in for a Gila draw through an outfitter. Wish us luck!

Heck NO!!!! Less tags for me! ha ha ha Good luck guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                          Heck NO!!!! Less tags for me! ha ha ha Good luck guys.
                          We hacked the system and put you in for a desert kangaroo Rat Hunt. [emoji15] [emoji23]

Comment

If you miss out on an Elk tag, what else is good to try for when you go to these states?

Comment

Mule deer, bear, sometimes pronghorn or coues depending where you are

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                                Any of you guys hunted Oregon for elk ? My folks just bought a place just outside of Bend. Think I'll try hunting up there. Their place backs up to the Deschutes national forest.
                                Excellent elk hunting in oregon, I used to hunt the silvies unit with good success

Comment

Working...
                                X