Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default Granger WT Postcard Hunt 2015

Looks like our original thread got axed. Lets try to keep this one civil. Got drawn this year for the WT postcard and am having a blast. I like hearing about others having success. Latest count was 16 does, lets keep it going
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2015, 12:19 PM   #2
Mr. Whiskers
Pope & Young
 
Mr. Whiskers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Was wondering how long it would take to get axed
Mr. Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2015, 12:31 PM   #3
jackster1978
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Killeen, TX
Default

Subscribed..
jackster1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
Ungawa
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Williamson County
Hunt In: Lampasas County
Default

Those guys that were arguing where getting way too serious. Anyone hunting out there should be concerned if they run across one of those guys.
Ungawa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
denowt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lavaca Co
Hunt In: Lavaca Co/public land
Default

I apologize to everyone for my part in the negativity of the axed thread.

I should've just ignored the guy.
He's suckered me into arguments before and I should've known better.

Thank you to all who attempted to "defend" me.

Thanks also to all who PM'd me with advice.
denowt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2015, 02:15 PM   #6
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Great! Really allergic to poison oak - been really careful to avoid it where i can. So what do i do? Kill a deer who apparently walk thru every poison oak bush out in granger and dragged her out with bare hands and over my back. Got a nice surprise this morning when started itching. Hopefully it doesnt require steroid shots. Oh well, aint stopping me. Guess i just need to remember glives next time.
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2015, 02:30 PM   #7
Ungawa
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Williamson County
Hunt In: Lampasas County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
Great! Really allergic to poison oak - been really careful to avoid it where i can. So what do i do? Kill a deer who apparently walk thru every poison oak bush out in granger and dragged her out with bare hands and over my back. Got a nice surprise this morning when started itching. Hopefully it doesnt require steroid shots. Oh well, aint stopping me. Guess i just need to remember glives next time.
Rubber gloves when cleaning Deer. Growing up i spent alot of time on that river bottom its hard to stay away from it. I got it every year. Its not like the Hill country, its everywhere.
Ungawa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #8
jackster1978
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Killeen, TX
Default

Sorry to hear about the poison ivy. Congrats on the deer though. Seem like every time we find a good spot for a stand, it has the ivy all up in it.
jackster1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #9
CaptTank
Six Point
 
CaptTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Harwood
Hunt In: Bee Co, Goliad Co, Gonzales Co, Fayette Co,Real Co., Caldwell County
Default

I am really looking forward to finally getting out there this next week.
CaptTank is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #10
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Denton County, 9900 Four Horse Trail
Default

Needs to be tagged & moved to the public land section
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2015, 07:09 PM   #11
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Knocked down doe #2!! Buck tag in hand!!! Ready for the rut!!! Looks like 17 does, 1 nubbin. I was the 6th buck tag issued.
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #12
jtslush
Four Point
 
jtslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
Knocked down doe #2!! Buck tag in hand!!! Ready for the rut!!! Looks like 17 does, 1 nubbin. I was the 6th buck tag issued.
Congrats!
jtslush is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2015, 08:49 PM   #13
navajo76
Six Point
 
navajo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: round rock
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Congrats
navajo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2015, 09:08 PM   #14
q-all
Ten Point
 
q-all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison
Hunt In: Atoka Co, Ok ,Grayson Co. Tx, Montana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
Great! Really allergic to poison oak - been really careful to avoid it where i can. So what do i do? Kill a deer who apparently walk thru every poison oak bush out in granger and dragged her out with bare hands and over my back. Got a nice surprise this morning when started itching. Hopefully it doesnt require steroid shots. Oh well, aint stopping me. Guess i just need to remember glives next time.

4 or 5 years ago I drew the granger crossbow hunt when it was one of the normal TPWD draw hunts. It was December and I ended up killing a really nice buck.

What I took home with me that trip was the worst case of poison oak I have ever seen. I had it all over my body. Including places u don't want it. I ended up having to go the ER by the time I got home because it was making me ill. And I am not even sure where I got it. I only hunted 2 days (shot my buck first sit) It was tough to tell where it was because all the leaves had already dropped. It must of been the vines in one of trees we hung a stand in.

Best of luck out there guys! I thoroughly enjoy following this thread each year!

Here's the granger buck I took.
q-all is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #15
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

I remember this stud. I got drawn for the same crossbow hunt that year, but i hunted in november. You probably got it from the bucks fur. This guy probably buried himself in the thickets during the day, which consists of lots of poison oak. I would get a bad case of poison oak to shoot a stud like that!
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2015, 10:47 PM   #16
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by q-all View Post
4 or 5 years ago I drew the granger crossbow hunt when it was one of the normal TPWD draw hunts. It was December and I ended up killing a really nice buck.

What I took home with me that trip was the worst case of poison oak I have ever seen. I had it all over my body. Including places u don't want it. I ended up having to go the ER by the time I got home because it was making me ill. And I am not even sure where I got it. I only hunted 2 days (shot my buck first sit) It was tough to tell where it was because all the leaves had already dropped. It must of been the vines in one of trees we hung a stand in.

Best of luck out there guys! I thoroughly enjoy following this thread each year!

Here's the granger buck I took.
What section did you take this buck in?
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 PM   #17
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Denton County, 9900 Four Horse Trail
Default

Think I got game cam pics of that buck in november of that year in compartment G.
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 06:45 AM   #18
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
Needs to be tagged & moved to the public land section
How exactly is this done ?
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 07:11 AM   #19
denowt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lavaca Co
Hunt In: Lavaca Co/public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
How exactly is this done ?

A mod has to do it.
denowt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 08:02 AM   #20
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Denton County, 9900 Four Horse Trail
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
How exactly is this done ?
PM Michael or one of the mods and ask pretty please
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 12:28 PM   #21
q-all
Ten Point
 
q-all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison
Hunt In: Atoka Co, Ok ,Grayson Co. Tx, Montana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
What section did you take this buck in?


Section b. The middle one below dam. I could watch the cars driving by on the dam from the stand I shot him.
q-all is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #22
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Got a weird call from the guy running the hunt. He called me today asking if the doe i shot yesterday was on the granger wma. I told him of course it was. Told him were i got it and asked if he would like me to show him the gut pile or what is left of it. I asked why he was inquiring because i called after i shot it to have someone meet me at checkin. He stated volunteer thought it was weird that when he arrived that i had it completely skinned. I was at the checkin for 30 to 45 minutes before anyone showed up. I texted to let him know noone was there and i would go ahead with weighin. After weighin i started skinning away. Not sure about anyone else but skinning a deer only takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Had a conversation with volunteer about were i was hunting. Just weird that he had some suspicion about it. Oh well we got it all worked out and we are good to go, but i hate there being any question that i did something wrong. Never do anything to ruin awesome opportunity to hunt granger. Oh well.
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #23
NAVY CHIEF
Ten Point
 
NAVY CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HUTTO, TX
Hunt In: GRANGER LAKE, TX 25 YEARS/COLORADO 3 YEARS
Default

He wants us to take a picture of it dressed on the scale with hide on...take pic of deer and with weight visible then u can remove the jawbone...told us to email pics with deer and weight and I even zoomed on my first does head....then if they take too long you have proof...I would skin mine too if they take too long, u did nothing wrong.
NAVY CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #24
NAVY CHIEF
Ten Point
 
NAVY CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HUTTO, TX
Hunt In: GRANGER LAKE, TX 25 YEARS/COLORADO 3 YEARS
Default

One of the park ranger interns asked me why I shot such a small doe, I told her that I am not meat hunting and my objective is the buck tag, even though my doe was a fawn, she still can be bred in january, the girl just said wasn't there a bigger one around, I just laughed, also we called these young just lost their spots fawns suitcases here in Texas and they sure taste good in a crock pot...
NAVY CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #25
denowt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lavaca Co
Hunt In: Lavaca Co/public land
Default

Did you take any pics of it at the check station before you skinned it?
That's what he said in orientation.

I'm not sure why a skinned deer would suggest that it was shot somewhere else though.
That seems strange to me.

I wouldn't give it a second thought. Don't let it ruin the rest of your hunting.

There's a lot more problems out there that they should be worried about rather than somebody who can skin a deer in less than 45 minutes.
denowt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #26
denowt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lavaca Co
Hunt In: Lavaca Co/public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
One of the park ranger interns asked me why I shot such a small doe, I told her that I am not meat hunting and my objective is the buck tag, even though my doe was a fawn, she still can be bred in january, the girl just said wasn't there a bigger one around, I just laughed, also we called these young just lost their spots fawns suitcases here in Texas and they sure taste good in a crock pot...
I would've told her, "because it gave me a shot".
A doe is a doe.

Now if it was a nubbin buck taken with archery gear, then that's a little different.
There's no reason to mistake a nubbin buck at less than 30yards, but that's a whole other discussion.
denowt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #27
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denowt View Post
Did you take any pics of it at the check station before you skinned it?
That's what he said in orientation.

I'm not sure why a skinned deer would suggest that it was shot somewhere else though.
That seems strange to me.

I wouldn't give it a second thought. Don't let it ruin the rest of your hunting.

There's a lot more problems out there that they should be worried about rather than somebody who can skin a deer in less than 45 minutes.
I thought pics were only if noone was going to meet us. He took awhile to respond to my first text, but eventually told me someone was on their way. I figured a volunteer seeing the deer would be proof enough. The full hide and head was there for them to see. I even left the entire head for testing.
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 08:44 PM   #28
denowt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lavaca Co
Hunt In: Lavaca Co/public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
I thought pics were only if noone was going to meet us. He took awhile to respond to my first text, but eventually told me someone was on their way. I figured a volunteer seeing the deer would be proof enough. The full hide and head was there for them to see. I even left the entire head for testing.

I think they want proof of weight with the head and skin still attached.

I still don't see why this would make him think it was shot somewhere else though.

I don't see how the picture, or even them seeing the deer, proves or disproves that it was shot on the WMA.

Either way, congrats on the doe.
denowt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #29
Danimal14
Ten Point
 
Danimal14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pflugerville
Hunt In: anywhere freinds will take me and granger phl
Default

I saw jackster the other day near downtown Austin. ....I yelled at him to get back to hunting Granger but he acted coy



Good to see the thread back....go get em
Danimal14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2015, 01:00 AM   #30
jackster1978
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Killeen, TX
Default

Lol...helarious.
jackster1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #31
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Any news from granger?
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #32
NAVY CHIEF
Ten Point
 
NAVY CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HUTTO, TX
Hunt In: GRANGER LAKE, TX 25 YEARS/COLORADO 3 YEARS
Default

I'm headed out there this afternoon, looking for number 2 doe, I'm close to sealing the deal it seems about every hunt.
NAVY CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #33
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
I'm headed out there this afternoon, looking for number 2 doe, I'm close to sealing the deal it seems about every hunt.
Good luck! Get that buck tag.
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #34
NAVY CHIEF
Ten Point
 
NAVY CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HUTTO, TX
Hunt In: GRANGER LAKE, TX 25 YEARS/COLORADO 3 YEARS
Default

Mission complete, doe 2 logged for me, I think he said there were 22 deer with mine and 6 of us buck hunting now..
NAVY CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2015, 10:24 PM   #35
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
Mission complete, doe 2 logged for me, I think he said there were 22 deer with mine and 6 of us buck hunting now..
Congrats!
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2015, 10:41 AM   #36
CaptTank
Six Point
 
CaptTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Harwood
Hunt In: Bee Co, Goliad Co, Gonzales Co, Fayette Co,Real Co., Caldwell County
Default

Sat with my son this weekend. Covered up with young bucks and couldn't get a shot at the does because of it. As soon as a doe would come in a buck would get on her tail and take her away.
Saw deer every sit though. Kept my son interested and that's the whole point.
CaptTank is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #37
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTank View Post
Sat with my son this weekend. Covered up with young bucks and couldn't get a shot at the does because of it. As soon as a doe would come in a buck would get on her tail and take her away.
Saw deer every sit though. Kept my son interested and that's the whole point.
My first doe came in with a 9 point who was pretty nice. I had to decide wether to shoot her or not risking educating the 9 point that i was around. After 2 seconds I wised up and thought without shooting does i ain't getting a buck tag!!! So down she went!
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #38
Sideler
Ten Point
 
Sideler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
My first doe came in with a 9 point who was pretty nice. I had to decide wether to shoot her or not risking educating the 9 point that i was around. After 2 seconds I wised up and thought without shooting does i ain't getting a buck tag!!! So down she went!
Way to go!!
Sideler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #39
Rambo1
Nubbin' Buck
 
Rambo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Default

I got drawn and still trying to get my first doe. I've seen many, but haven't had a clean shot. Going back out this week sometime. Best of luck!
Rambo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #40
jtslush
Four Point
 
jtslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can!
Default

I hear folks talking about the rut kicking in in different places around central Texas. Anyone seen anything kicking in at Granger?
jtslush is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #41
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtslush View Post
I hear folks talking about the rut kicking in in different places around central Texas. Anyone seen anything kicking in at Granger?
I haven't seen any chasing yet. Been hearing that the rut typically starts late november - early december. My second doe i shot on the 3rd came in all by herself. Cant wait.
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #42
jtslush
Four Point
 
jtslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
I haven't seen any chasing yet. Been hearing that the rut typically starts late november - early december. My second doe i shot on the 3rd came in all by herself. Cant wait.
I haven't seen any rut activity either.
jtslush is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #43
justintyme8303
Pope & Young
 
justintyme8303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great State
Hunt In: Any
Default

Rut is started out at Lake GTown
justintyme8303 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #44
jtslush
Four Point
 
jtslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can!
Angry Slept in!

I'm real happy with myself this morning. It looked like this morning was gonna be a great morning to let the wind out of my buck. I gotta leave the house by 0515 to get to my spot before daylight. Instead of setting my alamr for 0445, I set it for 0545. Perfect! Oh well, maybe tonight.
jtslush is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2015, 09:51 AM   #45
Hog Lick
Six Point
 
Hog Lick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Anywhere I can
Default

Good luck to all you fellas going out this weekend. Especially to the ones that already have their buck tags.
Hog Lick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #46
topduarte
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pflugerville, Texas
Default

I will be there this weekend.
topduarte is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #47
Gopher
Nubbin' Buck
 
Gopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Default

Saw some nice scrapes today
Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #48
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

Had an absolutely awesome day. Had three doe come in right at sunrise, they were quickly pushed out by two bucks that were chasing them. As I watched them leave I heard something behind me. Turned and saw another three doe. Unfortunately, I rushed the shot and missed. After that two more deer, one being a buck came about 200 yards out. No other action till 2pm when a fork horn ran directory under my tree. He was licking away and looked horny as hell. Then a really nice buck and two more does passed far off. No action till right before dark. The does were everywhere feeding. Managed to drop my second right before last light. BUCK TIME!
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2015, 11:37 PM   #49
BlacktailSlayer
Eight Point
 
BlacktailSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Williamson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Had an absolutely awesome day. Had three doe come in right at sunrise, they were quickly pushed out by two bucks that were chasing them. As I watched them leave I heard something behind me. Turned and saw another three doe. Unfortunately, I rushed the shot and missed. After that two more deer, one being a buck came about 200 yards out. No other action till 2pm when a fork horn ran directory under my tree. He was licking away and looked horny as hell. Then a really nice buck and two more does passed far off. No action till right before dark. The does were everywhere feeding. Managed to drop my second right before last light. BUCK TIME!
Going out tomorrow looking for my buck. Hopefully i can catch a big guy chasing. Great job on the doe!
BlacktailSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #50
jtslush
Four Point
 
jtslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can!
Default

Live Hunt, Willis Creek! Woke up early to prepare for a great hunt this morning. Wanted to make sure I disturbed the wildlife as little as possible and avoid messing up other hunters. Sitting on stand since 6 am. About 720am, I hear a doe blowing. I'm thinking,"Crap, I'm winded!" I was wrong. Only 60 yards from my stand was another hunter rolling in! Guess he overslept. Do us a favor, if you can't get on stand before sunrise, stay home, or at least wait until prime time is over.

Last edited by jtslush; 11-16-2015 at 07:37 AM.
jtslush is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com