Blue Collar Bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Collar Bowhunting

Went on a 2 day bow hunt over Memorial Day weekend at Blue Collar Bowhunting near Floresville, and for $200 per day, this place is awesome. For that price, you get 2 hogs and one axis, blackbuck or sika doe, or a ram in place of the doe, and he has plenty. The young man who has the place is Ace, and he could not be more accommodating, from taking you to and from the stand and taking care of the animals you shoot, to having the bbq pit fired up for you before getting back to camp. He was truly a great host. Me and a buddy both ended up with hogs, saw some good axis and blackbuck, and the rams, but did not get the right shot. With it being as green as it was, animals were still coming to the corn and we had a great time. I will definitely be back and highly recommend this place for a good hog/meat hunt.

Cool!

Comment

That's plenty reasonable !

Comment

Very reasonable for a variety of game. Thanks for the post!

Comment

This is the original KJO, right? Run by Ace and Keith's son Wade. I plan to make a run back down from NC in late winter, if finances will permit. The most fun I ever had in one week was on a 4 day hunt there 3 years ago when it was still the KJO.

Comment

Did you see many big Blackbuck running around?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I just checked out the website, is doe and ram hunts all they offer? Still a good deal

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw plenty of blackbucks running around. It is only doe, Rams and hogs. It is definitely worth the trip. Ace is a real good guy.

Comment

Sounds like a heck of a deal. Thanks for the write up.

Comment

Were blinds and feeders already established or do you go set up your own blind?

Comment

How big is the place?

Comment

Blinds and feeders are already set up and I believe the place is a little over four hundred acres.

Comment

What was average size of rams?

Comment

Some appeared to have nice curls on them. I only saw them from a distance.

Comment

Sounds like a great deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X