How to fix this euro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fix this euro?

My dad picked it up for me from the taxi and didn’t notice that there is a section of skull missing. I use the skull hooker mounts and with this piece missing I can’t utilize them. He said he never dropped it or anything. It was picked up yesterday at the taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a heck of a break. You might be able to patch it with jbweld and shape it to the part you need for the spine hole for the hook

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
      Thats a heck of a break. You might be able to patch it with jbweld and shape it to the part you need for the spine hole for the hook

I was thinking some form of a light wire frame then covering it with epoxy putty

Comment

I would ask the taxi what happened. A plus B is what you need to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          I would ask the taxi what happened. A plus B is what you need to fix it

That call will happen tomorrow.

Comment

No idea how to fix it. I’d be pizzed though. In to see what the taxi says.

Comment

Looks like somebody got aggressive removing brain matter?

Would be the last time I took that taxi anything

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

X2-

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

That’s the problem, he’s done all of my dads and several of mine. I’m going to talk to him tomorrow and see what’s up

Comment

I would not have paid for that if in fact it was intact when I dropped it off. I do all of mine and some on the side and have never seen anything like that. Please keep us posted but that is unacceptable if its normal circumstances

Comment

There's a product called epoxy sculpt that could be used to fix it.

Comment

Use marine epoxy. It's white.

Comment

Use some wire mesh for patching sheet rock with some sort of putty or epoxy

Comment

Clearly a question for your taxidermist to answer and probably fix, but if that runs into a dead-end use this. Sculp-all is already white and can hold its shape if you need to bridge the gap feather edges to blend to skull and touch up with some ivory spray paint you'll be good to go!

Comment

That is not from cleaning the brain out. That is the strongest part of skull. I’ve cleaned 1000’s of skulls and seen some crazy stuff. It Is possible the bone was cracked due to an old injury which is a stretch. Looks to me like it was dropped and broke after cleaning

Comment

Working...
                              X