Chevy- never again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy- never again!

In the last 6 months, we have spent almost $3k fixing a bad a/c in my wife’s 2015 suburban.
    If it weren’t paid off, I’d be trading it in ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
    In the last 6 months, we have spent almost $3k fixing a bad a/c in my wife’s 2015 suburban.

Switch to Dodge/Ford/Toyota asap. All proven problem free!!!

Comment

Before this latest AC problem, we’ve dealt with electrical/computer issues. I know others aren’t problem-free, but I’ve never had issues like this in any other car I’ve ever owned.

Comment

Dont matter what brand it is on the AC systems none of them make the parts anyway.

Comment

Let me guess, its the bracket that holds the AC line up.. It broke because its made out of thin aluminum? Myself and 3 buddies with 2014-2017 Chevy/Gm trucks have all had this exact same issue. Dealership tried to tell me it was the Compressor and charge me $1800, mom and pop shop did it for $350

Comment

$3k in A/C repairs is insane. I would question who was doing the work....

Side note; I am a GM Master. ASE Master Tech.. With that and a $1.50 I can have a cup of coffee.....

Comment

Last Chevy I had would have needed actually pieces of corn to be a bigger pile of $&@%

Never again..... ever

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                Switch to Dodge/Ford/Toyota asap. All proven problem free!!!
                Roll your eyes all day long. Fact is you just don't see near as many threads like this for Toyotas. I don't understand why non Toyota guys fight the facts so hard. Just admit they have far less issues..You'll feel better. If you want to hate on Toyota just stick to the high sticker price for Tacoma and bad gas mileage for Tacomas and Tundras.

Comment

I feel for you... we got rid of my wife's 2015 Armada due to continual problems. Albeit we had a 2K Extended Warranty that covered it and 3K of other problems. It was a continual host of problems that let me to believe it was going to keep going after the warranty expired.

Comment

Agree Tim- Only issue I have with Toyota is I don't like how they pull

Comment

Just spent 900 on new condensing unit on my 2014 Silverado. Sucks

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Roll your eyes all day long. Fact is you just don't see near as many threads like this for Toyotas. I don't understand why non Toyota guys fight the facts so hard. Just admit they have far less issues..You'll feel better. If you want to hate on Toyota just stick to the high sticker price for Tacoma and bad gas mileage for Tacomas and Tundras.
                        Curious.... Why does every Toyota dealer have a service department?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post

The 2015 Chevrolet trucks and suvs were bad about this. I had a 2015 Silverado and the AC went out at 38,000 miles. We also run a fleet of Tahoes at the Sheriff's Office and almost all of the 15 year model units had AC issues.

Comment

My last four vehicles were Suburban, Blazer, Tahoe, and now a GMC Sierra. 25 years worth of GM products and only minor issues. I won't even look at a Ford or a Ram. I might be swayed to look at a Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              You're a little touchy about them Toyotas! I mentioned Ford and Dodge too...

I've had my fair share of issues with GM personally. I switched to Ford once upon a time after I'd had enough....won't make that mistake again!

Comment

Working...
                              X