Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 08-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

Default Senate Dems deliver stunning warning to SCOTUS

Senate Dems deliver stunning warning to Supreme Court: ĎHealí or face restructuring

Quote:
Several high-profile Senate Democrats warned the Supreme Court in pointed terms this week that it could face a fundamental restructuring if justices do not take steps to "heal" the court in the near future.

The ominous and unusual warning was delivered as part of a brief filed Monday in a case related to a New York City gun law. Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., referenced rulings by the court's conservative majority in claiming it is suffering from some sort of affliction which must be remedied.
While this has a very slim chance of moving forward today, the thought that they are discussing it is scary. These senators need to be put on notice!
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

I've heard some dem pundits say the next time a dem has the WH and Senate they could add a few spots to the court in order to get rid of the conservative slant
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #3
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

History repeating itself - remember FDR's "court packing" scheme? In the late 1930's his increasingly radical New Deal programs (especially parts of the National Recovery Act) kept getting swatted down by the Supreme Court. His remedy? How about appointing up to six extra justices? Thankfully it had little support outside the extreme left wing and was never even voted on by congress.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

I hope Trump gets his second term and then REALLY puts the screwing on the left. I want heads to explode. I want at least 1-2 more liberal SCOTUS replaced.

Since Trump would have nothing to lose I want welfare drastically reformed and a whole slew of other "don't touch, it's political suicide" items hammered out.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

Heal thy self Deamonrat's...........
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #6
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

Since every week they're coming up with some asinine idea that they're going to do when the "get the power back", I guess Trump should drop a weekly bomb.
This week they threaten to restructure SCOTUS so then Trump should say "okay. We're going to drop 2 liberal justices."
Whatever idiotic 'plan' they come up with for that week, threaten the polar opposite.
Maybe they'd shut up w/the moronic ideas. Probably not but maybe they'd slow down a bit.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Thank GOD Trump won and I'm praying he takes 2020..

The day the next Dem takes the Oval Office is the 1st day of the last days of this great nation as we know it... GOD help us...
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 04:45 PM   #8
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
Since every week they're coming up with some asinine idea that they're going to do when the "get the power back", I guess Trump should drop a weekly bomb.
This week they threaten to restructure SCOTUS so then Trump should say "okay. We're going to drop 2 liberal justices."
Whatever idiotic 'plan' they come up with for that week, threaten the polar opposite.
Maybe they'd shut up w/the moronic ideas. Probably not but maybe they'd slow down a bit.
They would immediately scream that Trump is anti-American and accuse him of every single thing they do every week LOL
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 06:47 PM   #9
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
I hope Trump gets his second term and then REALLY puts the screwing on the left. I want heads to explode. I want at least 1-2 more liberal SCOTUS replaced.

Since Trump would have nothing to lose I want welfare drastically reformed and a whole slew of other "don't touch, it's political suicide" items hammered out.
i'm with you on this, but anything Trump gets singed into law about welfare reform can be undone with a democrat congress.

as far as the SCOTUS the dems will try to pack the court in their favor, so why not start packing it now with conservative judges; turn it around on their azzes and beat them over the head with it... just like they will do if given the chance.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #10
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Several words come to mind...

Threatened coup
Separation of powers
CO-equal branches of govt
Their threats should be taken literally... obstruction of Justice
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2019, 09:13 PM   #11
IkemanTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Caddo

Meh, let them do it so we can get this civil war over with already.... we already know who will win anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2019, 05:28 AM   #12
lunatic'hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Colorado, Montana

Should've known "Stolen Valor" **** blumenthal and yoko ono would be in that bunch. The democRats are the ones that are suffering from an "affliction". It's TDS.
lunatic'hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2019, 05:38 AM   #13
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

How crazy do you have to be to threaten and attempt to extort votes from the supreme court for upholding the constitution?

These people are insane.
Lungbustr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2019, 06:14 AM   #14
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
Should've known "Stolen Valor" **** blumenthal and yoko ono would be in that bunch. The democRats are the ones that are suffering from an "affliction". It's TDS.
So the solution for ďhealingĒ a politicized SCOTUS is to add MORE judges appointed by politicians!

Man they truly are blind to the fact that THEY, Congress are THE problem. Thatís goes for both the Rís & Dís.

Iím not even really sure what the left is upset about Gorsuch and Kavanaugh havenít been super conservative
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2019, 08:29 AM   #15
Horn chaser
Ten Point

Alright Trump beat them to the punch and expand the Supreme court justices to 12 and add 3 more judges now. Liberal heads would explode.
Horn chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #16
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

Here's the irony of it - they want to add more justices or restructure in the name of removing politics but the end goal is to make it more liberal.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top