Waller county freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waller county freak

Man what a weekend. Had a freaky buck turn up on camera 2 weeks ago here at my house. I had already killed my deer during bow season so I called my dad Friday to see if he wanted to hunt. My dad hasn’t hunted in at least 10 years because of his bad eyesight associated with diabetes. He has had diabetes since he was 11 and he’s 69 years old. After talking to him he said would think about it and let me know. Well it wasn’t long and I got the call that he was game. Man was I excited to get to share this with my dad. This deer was showing up everyday during daylight but he would come in at just about anytime. We hunted Saturday morning and only seen a spike. Saturday evening we had 3 does and a longhorn spike came in feeding in front of us. They had been there 5 minutes when I looked up and here he came. He was walking to the other deer that were 50 yards in front of us. This was goin to be a slam dunk right?? Wrong!!! About that time the feeder goes off and all the deer haul butt except the shooter. He looks around for a second then just turns and walks off. No big deal it’s early he will come back. Well I was wrong about that. Had another nice young 8 show up but that was the end of it. Sunday morning we saw 4 bucks but not the freak. We got in the stand Sunday evening at 3 because of the full moon thinking they might move early. We didn’t see a deer and at 5:30 my dad says we have 5 minutes before I won’t be able to see. We were starting to load things up when I look up and here he comes. I tell my dad to get ready and I get the gun set up for him. The deer starts walking towards the feeder and stops. My dad put the scope on him and as soon as he was about to shoot he starts walking so I holler at him and he stops. At this point my dad is shaking life a leaf. I telling him to take a deep breath and squeeze the trigger. He let the 7 mag bark and I knew the deer was hit hard. My dad, who is a pretty quiet guy, holler “I got him. I got him. “ lol too see the excitement on his face was what this was all about. I could still see the deer deer down on the field so we walk up and let the celebration begin. My dads biggest deer was a 12” 8pt he shot 30-40 years ago. His was definitely a hunt and a memory for both of us that will last a lifetime. It worked out just like I was hoping to. Glad I could give him something back for all of the things he has done for me. The deer has 16 or 17 scoreable points and quite a few more broken off. Can’t get pics to upload so if someone could post them I would appreciate it. 832-492-5544

I can post 713 851 4977

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In for the pics and congrats to the both of ya.

Comment

Really enjoyed the story and so glad you and your Dad could get it done. Congratulations ! Will be waiting on pics later.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Smile says it all!

Congrats to your Dad!

Comment

Comment

heck yeah! once again congrats

Comment

That's awesome .....Congrats to you and your dad.

Comment

That’s cool deer & an awesome memory!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great story!! Congratulations!!

Comment

Fantastic memories and awesome buck! Congrats to the both of you.

Comment

Very cool buck and great memory made!

Comment

That's awesome. Congrats to your dad.

Comment

Working...
                              X