X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His old man was a great announcer.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I don’t understand the vitriol but it is obvious a lot of people can’t stand the guy.i think he does a fine job. Like all announcers he is hated and thought to be biased by fans of the team that lost. It is ridiculous to think you have to have been an athlete to be a good play by play guy.
      If you don't understand then you obviously do not realize that he has no clue what he is talking about most of the time and he is extremely biased towards certain teams...
      And yes you should at least played or studied the sport you are calling otherwise you sound like a complete moron which is exactly what he sounds like.. I cant imagine being a career athlete, like Smoltz, and having to set in a both and listen to that idiot babble all night.... I can assure you that all of the "vitriol" is earned...
      Last edited by PondPopper; 11-01-2019, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Love me some Joe Buck. He has a classic call... Especially in playoff baseball.

Houston fans bitching about Joe Buck favoring Washington... Washington fans bitching about Buck favoring Houston... gotta love the post season.

Yep. If fans of both teams have the same complaints about him being bias, then in reality he probably did a good job

Comment

Love me some Joe Buck. He has a classic call... Especially in playoff baseball.

Funny thing is on twitter Washington fans were bitching about Buck favoring the Astros. I guess you only hear what you want to hear depending on your fandom base. [emoji23]. Anything positive about the opposite team is intensified when in a big game like that.

I know I’m guilty of it [emoji23]

Houston fans bitching about Joe Buck favoring Washington... Washington fans bitching about Buck favoring Houston... gotta love the post season.
          Honestly I did not care who won, they all still made millions.. As a matter of fact I think the best team won(obviously).
          That being said the guy sucks as a commentator and is extremely annoying to listen too. He has 0 clue about ANY sports..
          He must have some very good pics of someone very important doing some very bad things because he is far from being qualified for the job..

Comment

He’s ok. Like Moser said, I don’t turn the sound up. I’m not much of a sports watcher anymore since my kids are around. If We have free time, we’re not watching TV

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
              I could not care less about him being biased. It’s him being incorrect about plays and things happening on the field so often. In the past there have been numerous times he’s described the happening of a play on the field. It didn’t match what I just saw. I would rewind and watch it again and what he described would not be anything like what just happened. It’s like he writes down a list of things he wants to squeeze in somewhere along the game so he sounds like he understands what’s going on. I’m not speaking about this years playoffs alone, there’s a long history of it.
              It’s the having a normal conversation with his counterpart and then all of a sudden a rise in volume and a sense of excitement announcing here comes the 1-1 pitch, like it’s the biggest pitch ever thrown, but it’s high and outside with 2 outs, no one on and loosing by 8.

Also, don’t know how many people picked up on it, but I never heard any of the experts speak once about Martinez managing the speed of the game. There were several times the Astros would seem to be having something working and Martinez would change the pace of the game, all of a sudden there was a 2/3 min break that just seemed to kill the pace and rally we had going.

Yep.
              Did you catch when he called the stadium “The Dome”? [emoji15][emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s not bad not the greatest but definitely not the worst. By a lot..

Comment

Chris Collingsworth and any woman announcing a football game is worse than Joe to my ears.

Comment

Would be awesome to see some of these sport geniuses get out of the recliner and show ol joe up though. Didn’t realize people cared this Much about the commentating
                    Last edited by Jcjohnson; 11-01-2019, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Chris Collingsworth and any woman announcing a football game is worse than Joe to my ears.
                      Collingsworth, is the master of the "after statement"....
                      And even my ex- used to call them, "the sideline sluts"
                      And Joe, has used up, his lifetime allotment of "off the end of the bat"
                      statement....

Comment

A baseball game is best viewed on the radio with the home team's announcers.

I'll take Pete Van Wieren(RIP 2014) and Skip Caray(RIP 2008) on Atlanta Braves radio any time.

When it comes to Football give me madden & Summerall for the NFL and Whoa Nellie! for the NCAA.

Comment

Funny thing is on twitter Washington fans were bitching about Buck favoring the Astros. I guess you only hear what you want to hear depending on your fandom base. [emoji23]. Anything positive about the opposite team is intensified when in a big game like that.

I know I’m guilty of it [emoji23]

This is facts … Crazy how this happens.

I'm a sound down / off guy myself. I don't mind him at all though.

Comment

The ONLY thing that warranted announcement in the World Series was the double pair of high beams flashed behind home plate. Otherwise mute the tv and gfs through the commercials. Y’all act like it’s 1930 and you are listening to a game on the stereo.

Baseball is slow enough my dog can analyze it with no help

Comment

*negative joe buck post!*

Comment

Who is Joe Buck, Alex. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X