getting water to seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting water to seeds

At least every other year I don't get rain on freshly planted seeds. Anyone have any ideas or solutions for this. I have a creek very close that holds water due to a large amount of beaver dams. Just need to get the water up to the plots from the creek.
    1 plot very close, just needs 15' of vertical head then less that 100yds of linear run. to cover the entire plot.
    The other plot is 200yds farther away.
    Any ideas??????????

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	24513677

Water Pump/trash pump and something like this would work
    Last edited by BrandonA; 10-03-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

We had the same problem this year. We got a 275 gallon water storage tank, filled it up and hauled it down to the food plots. You can either open the valve and just let it all out or hook up a pump and water hose and spray it down that way. Think the Tank itself on Craigslist was around $60.

Comment

Trash pump and a lot of hose to a manifold to distribute it out over your food plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
          We had the same problem this year. We got a 275 gallon water storage tank, filled it up and hauled it down to the food plots. You can either open the valve and just let it all out or hook up a pump and water hose and spray it down that way. Think the Tank itself on Craigslist was around $60.
          1" of rain on one acre is 27,156 gallons. I don't think you did much good. Best option is just wait for rain. The seed is not going anywhere unless you get just enough rain to make it sprout.

Comment

Get a pump and some hose.

Comment

I know its a shot in the dark and a wild idea.
              I have access to a big plastic tank I could fill with water and drive it down and spray, but like someone mentioned how many gallons (trips) do you really need to force germination and continued growth of young vegetation for at least 30 days. I can visualize the turkeys scratching through my dry seeded plots right now..

Anyway thanks for the input gentlemen. May just have to wait for nature to take its course

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                Have you seen the results yet?

Comment

Working...
                X