• Show
Clear All

Following along - Cool build

Comment

Subscribed!

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Updates: Put in a few hours on Sunday. Beverages in hand, we braced our corner posts. After that, we framed and braced the rough openings for the front door and the two front windows. Also got four of the side windows framed and braced - still have one more window for each side to frame in and brace, then move on to the back wall. The back wall will have a door in the middle, with a window on each side - so it will be a mirror image of the front wall.

I know it seems like we are bouncing around a good bit on the we are going up with different parts, but the reason is to get the most use out of the material we have on hand. I am really looking forward to moving ahead next weekend.

And thank you to everyone for the nice comments posted.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Awesome. Digging this a bunch.

Comment

Fine looking start..........

Comment

I really like this thread because this is exactly what I want to do.

Comment

Still following. Looks great!!!

Comment

Awesome looking build... Great that your are building it with the help of the family and friends... It will be treasured more that way... Beautiful property, enjoy the time with your folks!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments. We think it will end up pretty cool, and have every intention of way overbuilding so it will be around for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Awesome looking build... Great that your are building it with the help of the family and friends... It will be treasured more that way... Beautiful property, enjoy the time with your folks!!!
                          Yessir! Enjoying every bit. It is like a vacation every time I head out there.

Comment

Following for sure!

Comment

Still cruising along with some progress. Things tend to move along at a relatively slow pace trying to make all this old material work.

Earlier in the week, the folks laid some primer on the exterior walls we already had up. Spent the day yesterday getting the rest of the window and door frames put up. After that, started going up with more of the exterior walls.

Thanks to some wonderful thunderstorms last night, we won't be making it out there today.

Hoping to head out next weekend to finish the walls, then go up with the trusses.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Bob!

Comment

Working...
                                X