coyote predation of whitetail fawns help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coyote predation of whitetail fawns help

hey guys i am currently writing a paper (scientific journal format) on the effects of coyote predation on whitetail fawns (especially in areas with supplemental feed being used). I was wondering if anyone knew any good sources to look at on this topic? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hope this helps....

The page you are looking for does not exist. Please try using the search tool to try again.
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by TechHunter View Post
      hey guys i am currently writing a paper (scientific journal format) on the effects of coyote predation on whitetail fawns (especially in areas with supplemental feed being used). I was wondering if anyone knew any good sources to look at on this topic? Thanks in advance for the help!
      Sweet topic! Would love to read when your done.

Comment

Thanks Joey I've already cited the one from PA and will be adding a little when its done.

txcat, I don't know how well it will be put together. hopefully good enough for my prof its got to be in journal of wildlife management format but basically since i can't do any research yet its just a compilation of what other people have already written

Comment

You tried calling Fish and Game and ask what information they have? Plus it could get your foot in the door for an internship.

Comment

I've pretty much exhausted the journal of wildlife management which is what they use. I'm set as far as jobs go I work on ranch with a whitetail breeding facility during the summer. I was really just wondering if anyone had done any research on the topic or knew anyone personally who had. Thanks for the input!

Comment

My research show's to kill everyone of those pesky little critters, thats about all I know but it gets me by!!!! Good luck on your paper.

Comment

techniques paper?? good luck I've written my fair share of those!

Comment

In the display till May 17, 2010 of "Deer & Deer Hunting" magazine they have an article titled "Maternal Defense: When is it Worth it?" by John Ozoga where he has a small portion dealing with the lobos and with sportsmen taking care of the predator problems because the deer as an insane maternal defense which is causing more a problem then a solution when defending their young. It might add some good insight to your paper.

Comment

And it has a list of works cited which would be other sources for help. PM me and I can scan the article and I can email it to you.

Comment

The paper is all but set in stone and in the hands of my prof. Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

When I was at Texas Tech I worked on a study with K em Cannon on antelope. The study branched out in several directions but one of the emphesis was on predatation by coyotes and Eagles on the antelope fawns. The study was held outside of El Paso in Cornudas Texas (Longest summer of my life) haha See if you can find that study and there might be some info that you can use that corelates with the whitetail.

I was suprised by the number of fawns killed by Eagles, I don't remember the final numbers but I would guess the eagles were as prolific in killing fawns as Coyotes were.

Comment

Working...
                        X