Big props to CCR ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big props to CCR ......

Just wanted to give props to Cinnamon Creek Ranch, namely Jeff, Willie and Kyle, for helping me get my old faithful Elite Pulse back in tip top shape and rejuvenating my sight picture through my peep with a verifier so I could see my pins. These fellas went above and beyond making sure everything was right and made suggestions throughout the process on how I could improve my sight picture taking into account me hunting primarily in box blinds. They were more than patient with my OCD arse and made it all right for me. Bless them....LOL..

The "overhaul" of my 2011 Pulse included new strings and cables built by Kyle (they were the original factory set..[emoji33]), a verifier peep, peep height adjustment compared to last year, rest reset, sight reset, new D Loop with nock sets to keep it from slipping and solving a nockpinch issue I was having, a good cleaning and then, of course, tuning to get me back in business. Everything is tied in clean and professional and really looks sharp. Extremely happy with it all. My 2001 Pulse looks and shoots like a new bow with new eyes. No excuses now..

On a side note, that verifier peep is a game changer. No more starburst pics trying to use the center of the burst for an aiming point. Just a nice clear round pin with a good view of my target. Glad to have finally taken the advice of many who told me it would cure my problems. Wished I would have listened and done it 2 years sooner. You more "experienced" err older folks like me that are having issues need to check it out. It will change your archery shooting life. Hopefully we have no more repeats of last season's rodeo..

Thanks again CCR gentleman.. Glad to have such a fine shop near my house that takes care of their folks. Now to shoot it 400-500 times over the next few weeks and take it back in to check before turkey season.. [emoji41]

Some pics....

Verifier peep installed....I asked for a hooded peep but since I hunt in box blinds 98% of the time for deer and pigs, Willie suggested I try the non-hooded first to help with lighting issues. Made sense to me. We'll see how it goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0597.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	25138555

Name:	IMG_0595.jpg
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	25138556

Going with any color in my string is new territory for me. This is about as fancy as I can get. Added a little red to match my rest.. Kyle tried to pass through wine aka maroon..NOPE!..

Name:	IMG_0614.jpg
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	25138557

Dloop with nocksets to stop nock pinch and keep my Dloop from slipping. If I have one issue with my bows and my size through the years, it is a Dloop slipping. Hopefully this cures it.

Name:	IMG_0594.jpg
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	25138558

Black is beautiful..

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	25138559

Shooting a used target, you can see my working my way down after Willie got everything tied in. The circled groups are mine. Jeff was a big help here watching my form and being a spotter.. I made one final adjustment and X'd the center target, then shot a second shot and X'd the top left target. That was enough for me[emoji41].. Back to the house to get my shots in.

Name:	IMG_0601.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	25138560

Oh yeah and I got to put my hands on the bow of pighunting and pig petting zoo royalty fame.... Sucker was smooth as butter on the shot.

Last edited by Smart; 02-14-2018, 12:19 PM.

I have been there a few times and always enjoyed it. Just hard this far away. For a 2011 bow that thing is in top shape. I need a new set of strings an cables on my energy. I may bring it up there one weekend

Comment

No better advertisement than word of mouth.

Good looking bow Mr. Smart......I need to look into those verifiers...

Rwc

Comment

She’s a beauty, Clark!

Skinny

Comment

This couldn't have taken more than 7 hours....

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            I have been there a few times and always enjoyed it. Just hard this far away. For a 2011 bow that thing is in top shape. I need a new set of strings an cables on my energy. I may bring it up there one weekend
            They do good work. .

I keep telling myself I shoot this Pulse too well to replace her just yet. Then this past season happened and I needed to make a change..... Something just wasn't right all year and I think we got it licked with me actually being able to see and a tune...lol. I figured I'd start out with an overhaul and the verifier and squeeze another few more years out of her before I do the new bow thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              This couldn't have taken more than 7 hours....
              hahahahahahaha....searching for middle finger smiley..

Comment

Big props to CCR ......

Hope you change your oil more often than you change your strings! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  Hope you change your oil more often than you change your strings! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Skinny

LMFAO!!....for the record I do...

I got caught up in the "ohhhhh they look good I'll change them next year" merrygoround and looked up and here we are....7 years in....son of a ....

In my partial defense I did have them inspected by Kyle and he did say they still looked OK three years ago and said come see me after season. I did that 3 seasons later..
                  Last edited by Smart; 02-14-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Good looking bow and fancy shooting there, Smart... Looks like the peep cured your ailment...

Comment

Trifocal verifier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                        Trifocal verifier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Hahaha...not yet......What do you think I'm WCB, Golden Eagle or Burnadell?..

Comment

so tell me more about this verifier peep? I am thinking it might be just what I need now that I am wearing reading glasses all the dang time.

Comment

I had Kyle build some strings for my bow 2 years ago and they're awesome. CCR has the best staff of any bow shop I've been to

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                              so tell me more about this verifier peep? I am thinking it might be just what I need now that I am wearing reading glasses all the dang time.
                              You have a choice between a verifier and a clarifier. Verifier clears up your pins and the clarifier clears up your target. I can see my target fine but was having issues with my pins being blurry or starbursting as they call it. They directed me to a verifier. They have a tool you can check several different lenses with to find your happy medium between pin clarity and target clarity. Simple quick and effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X