Fletching question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching question

I recently bought one of those AZ EZ fletching tools and 2" Twister Vanes. my question is: How far should the vanes (2" type) be up the arrow from the nock?

I fletch all mine with the tail of the fletching about 3/4 from the nock.....

Comment

To stay consistent, push the arrow nock into the groove and put the fletchings as close as the thing allows. Should be about 1 inch of shaft before the nock.

Comment

Inside the jig is a small bar that receives the nock, stopping the arrow at the right spot. Hope that helps.

Comment

You won't be disappointed, just push your nock into the grove and put the fletchings all the way down.... be sure to get your arrows EXTREMLY clean... I learned the hard way.

Comment

Thank you all very much, and thank you to all who may reply in future. I appreicate it very much. I've only been bow hunting for one season. With this website and friends I learn something everyday so thanks to everyone.

Comment

Your jig is really easy to use, read all the instructions for it helps, it did for me as i read them 2 years after I started using it.

Look down inside where it recieves the nock and you will see the little bar that the plastic nock sits on,which can be moved so that it can be lined up correctly with the cock vane.

Your vanes will bottom out, glue them insert the arrow, close the vane holders, put the ring on the topside, release or engage the d-ring( don't remember which way) wait a few minutes and reverse the steps.

I got a 2x4 and drilled som 5/16 holes 2" apart to hold the arrows while the glue dryed.
              Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon73 View Post
                Thank you all very much, and thank you to all who may reply in future. I appreicate it very much. I've only been bow hunting for one season. With this website and friends I learn something everyday so thanks to everyone.
                I have this jig and love it. I find it easier to hold the vane and put a tiny bit of glue down the base. My hands are just too shaky. After I close it I take a Q tip and get any glue that may have came out from under the base. I let each one set for about 5 minutes. I have found that the Loc-tite Super glue gel works great. Small blue tube at Walmart.

Comment

Remember to use only the amout of glue needed, if the glue comes out the sides it wasn't needed!!! The pros use a 1'piece of wax paper and when you run your bead on the vane, touch the vane on the paper and that will be the right amout of glue needed on good vanes. The vane can be anywhere you want, try one first. Some don't like them that far back, due to the vanes touching the cheek. The vane will make a nasty scratch if you pull to far back and the vane touches your cheek. I hope this helps!!

Comment

You can spray silicone spray on the jig beforew using it to keep glue from ruining your jig. I learned this the hard way using super glue. The glue ran down into the jig and dryed making a mell of a hess.

Comment

I don't think there is a set rule of how far the vanes should be from the nock. I always bottomed mine out in the arms of the ez fletch to keep them consistant which does put them a little bit further forward than the Jo-Jan I use.

Comment

Working...
                      X