2WD or 4WD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2WD or 4WD?

Who all drives 2WD trucks or 4WD trucks?

2wd 7.3 lwb F250, in the 450,000 miles its been stuck 6 or so times. Just try to stay out of the mud. My 1st truck was 4wd and my next truck will be 4wd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4WD daily and weekend truck.
      Wife has AWD yukon.

nice to have when you need it. I probably use it more than most.

I've had 2-2WD trucks in the last 21 years I've had a drivers license and didn't keep either one very long.

Comment

4x4 for work and 4x4 personal truck

Comment

Drove a 2wd for years and did just fine as I wasn't using it for anything crazy off road. Now driving a 4wd though and use it regularly. If you aren't using it pretty often though it may not be worth it for the added expense

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

4wd Z71 5.3 half ton

Comment

Question about 4wd trucks as daily drivers. Even in 2wd are they less fuel efficient than a regular 2wd, are they noisier? I have had several 4wd vehicles as ranch trucks, but never for daily use.

Comment

4x4 here
                Better to have and not need it than
                need it and don’t have it.Havent had a2wd in over 30 years

Comment

Coming from PA I mostly always had 4wd because we got bad winters up there. I have had a couple 2wd trucks and they are pretty worthless when the snows start flying in October and don't stop until April. Out here we bought my wife a 2wd Highlander and it has been fine. I sold my 4wd Silverado earlier this year and haven't decided if I will be a 2wd or 4wd truck when I can afford to replace it. I don't have muddy lease roads to drive on, I don't drive off-road for fun, so I imagine I could get away with a 2wd just fine.

Comment

4x4

Comment

4wd. I have no need for 2wd anything

Comment

4WD

I rarely get too muddy because most of our roads at the lease are very well maintained and I have a 4-wheeler for those which are not, but I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Comment

It's been a long time since I've had one, but I'll never own a 2wd truck again. If you leave the pavement at all, like most of us on TBH do, 4wd is a must have IMO. Heck just getting in and out of my camp area at th leave I use it regularly. It's not that it's a terrible area, but when its wet, you slip and slide, put ruts and sling mud all over. Put in in 4wd, and take it easy, no more problems. Of course, getting around the lease it's handy too. I do have a ranger nowadays which has been o nice addition and keeps me from beating up my truck too bad.

Comment

My current truck and the one before are both 4x4. I've had it on once for my current truck and a couple times on my other. Prob don't need it, but would rather have it for those "hold my beer" moments.

Comment

4wd since 1973. They will get you stuck farther and worse than 2wd!
                              A 2wd with locker or limited slip in the rear with chains will go farther than most normal 4wd. Been there and seen it.

Comment

Working...
                              X