Thoughts on Heater Buddies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never used one until just the other night. I bought the single propane bottle one and it would not stay lit. As soon as the wind would blow just a little the thing would go out. Should I buy the two dome looking ones that just attach to a normal 20lb propane bottle? I would think that those are a little better as the dome protects against the wind a little more.

Anyone have an opinion to those heater type propane devices?

Hmm I’ve have a little buddy heater and a Coleman cat heater and neither blow out even sitting in a popup blind with multiple windows open

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
      I have never used one until just the other night. I bought the single propane bottle one and it would not stay lit. As soon as the wind would blow just a little the thing would go out. Should I buy the two dome looking ones that just attach to a normal 20lb propane bottle? I would think that those are a little better as the dome protects against the wind a little more.

Anyone have an opinion to those heater type propane devices?

Sounds like you bout the sunflower attachment and not an actual Mr. Heater buddy?

Never had a Mr Heater blow out in a blind

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Hmm I’ve have a little buddy heater and a Coleman cat heater and neither blow out even sitting in a popup blind with multiple windows open
        I've got the one bottle heater as well and never had it blow out.

Comment

Had this going this evening with a couple of windows open and the wind blowing through the crack in the bottom of the blind and it worked fine. Never went out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it this one?

Because this one sucks.

Comment

I have never had mine blow out but it sucks the propane out so fast sometimes it condenses it freezes up the bottle

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Is it this one?

Because this one sucks.

Why do you say that Dale? Mine is a refurb and will literally roast me out of the blind

Comment

I have the same one above and it never has blown out and uses about one bottle a day . Keeps the cold out.

Comment

I've used 2, both are hard to get lit, wind blows them out, any movement knocks the pilot out. They have been a disappointment compared to other Buddy Heater products.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-12-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

If all else fails,, read the instructions.

Comment

I believe they have an internal anti-tip switch can could be malfunctioning. I had to replace one once. Called the company and they sent me the part. Works fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Why do you say that Dale? Mine is a refurb and will literally roast me out of the blind

Mine too....have had it a few years and absolutely love it.

Comment

Ya I’m with dale on that model. Ours suck

Comment

I’ve got both. The sunflower one is not as good. It does the job. But it’s gets loose in the stand. Easy to tip over. I’ve had a few times where it was hard to light.

With that said the other one can literally cook you out of the blind

Comment

Working...
                              X