Mechanical vs Fixed Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanical vs Fixed Blade

So, I have always been a fixed blade guy. Currently shoot slick trick magnum 100's but have NAP Killzones in the quiver as well. I have been hesitant to try the killzones, should I be? Or should I just let them fly.

I have tested all my broadheads, and they hit the same as my field points.

Send'em... You wont be disappointed.

Mech. is all I use.. Spitfires, Shwackers, Shockwaves and a few others.. They are all deadly in the right set up..

Comment

Nowadays, any broadhead will be deadly with correct shot placement. Heck, a field point is deadly if placed right.

So, shoot what you like, comfortable with, and sits well in the pocketbook.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot ramcats and grim reapers.

Nothing to be scared of, those kill zones are good broadheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
          Nowadays, any broadhead will be deadly with correct shot placement. Heck, a field point is deadly if placed right.

So, shoot what you like, comfortable with, and sits well in the pocketbook.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This

As for the killzones....... let em fly, I think they're great.
          I've killed a bunch of pigs with them as well a two Bison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m up and headed to NW OK this morning for 5 days. KillZones are in my quiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't listen to all the anti mechanical BS.

Comment

It’s what you’re confident with. No beans!

Comment

I have always been a Muzzy MX-3 guy. They have never failed me or given me reason to change. I have thought several times about trying a Rage, but never have bought any. I shoot enough pigs to try them out on, just havent ever tried them. Nowadays, the mech's are pretty reliable.

Comment

Killzone is a good head. I pretty much only shoot mechs even though I have a fixed or 2 in my quiver

Comment

Killed a bunch of animals with Spitfires. I just recently switched to a 500+gr arrow and fixed blade. Shot placement is the key.

Comment

It has always been my opinion that mechanical broadheads are used in situations where a hunter doesn't have the knowledge to get his bow properly tuned or doesn't want to take the time to do so to achieve proper Arrow flight. Obviously that is not 100% the case. Some may be drawn to them for their cut with Etc. I do feel they do have a larger chance of failure to deflection or poor penetration. In the end it's whatever floats your boat. Just be patient and make ethical shots.

Comment

I’ve only ever shot one mech Head. The veteran. Did a great job, but I’m a fixed head person. My opinion if you have enough arrow and momentum/ke then shootvwhat works for you. I don’t think short draw and low draw weight should shoot mech heads. It takes energy for Mech heads to operate. Other then that they all work.

Comment

Here is a hole made by the two blade fixed head I just shot this weekend. I wished I would have taken a picture with a tape measure in it. Blade was a 1.5 cut and that was every pit of a 1.5 cut hole plus some.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I only use fixed heads, but nowadays mechanicals are reliable and can do a devastating job with how wide some are. Of course penetration will suffer but it's a trade off. If we lose a deer it's because we made a bad shot. We want something to blame, and that often falls on the broadhead. But truth is waiting for a better angle, closer or more calm deer, etc., would yield better results.

Comment

Working...
                              X