What have you changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    Heavier arrow and fixed broadhead... got my first complete pass through this year
    What was your set (Draw length and draw weight) when you weren't getting pass through and what head were you shooting? This is my wife's first year with a bow.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I changed my last year vanilla spray bottle to newer Mexico vanilla.

Comment

I got a new to me bow and shooting skinny arrows and a single pin sight. Huge improvement

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Oh yes.....

Also bumped my arrow up 30 grains and went to a 125 grain head...
          i have thought about going to 125 myself.

biggest improvement i have made hunting was elevating my pop up a few years ago. from sitting on the ground to being just 5ft up has helped a lot.

Comment

Been on our lease for 4yrs now, come deer season would not hardly see any deer, this year I built platforms for our pop ups and we have seen more deer this year than in the past 3, really don't know if this is what changed it are not, also cows have not been in the pasture with us yet this year, so will see if it changes when that happens.

God Bless
            Bish

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
              What was your set (Draw length and draw weight) when you weren't getting pass through and what head were you shooting? This is my wife's first year with a bow.

Elite Spirit. 28" DL, 54lb DW, was shooting approx 330gr arrows with 100gr Grim Reaper broadheads. I would get arrows buried to the fetching but wouldn't pass all the way through. I went to an arrow that is 3 gpi heavier and added a nock collar for a little extra boost in weight on a 28.5 inch arrow. I'm sure it was the broadhead change (to Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts) that made most of the difference but it's working so far.

Now if the flood at the lease would go away, I could test it all out further...
              Last edited by nursejenn; 10-25-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Changed to a spot Hogg double pin, got heavier arrows and went with Easton axis, and trying bohning heat vanes out with them. Also took my focus grip off my bow and increased my group size and consistency, last thing is I got a tru Fire sear and loving it

Comment

I changed the following:
                  Bow- No Cam
                  New sight-Fast Eddie Double Pin
                  Arrows-Easton Axis FMJs
                  Broad heads-125gr

And most importantly, how I ‘fire’ my release

Comment

I’ve actually been practicing this year. Much more consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                      I’ve actually been practicing this year. Much more consistent.
                      Probably best change here.

Comment

My sets are 100% human scent free this year.

That's because I haven't gotten to go yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X