Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
    AJ , Are you going to get to hunt this year .

You know Andy does not hunt. He just complains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
      Well no antlerless permit for me this year. Before they made the application electronic I got one every year and sometimes two. Now that its online I’ve not drawn one more than I have. Pains me to think how many of them will be wasted by people that won’t even end up hunting there this year. Thanks for listening to my sob story... guess I’ll just have to kill a monster buck.
      I think the need to also add the possiblitiy of a 2nd draw for them. Currently getting drawn for the antlerless permits does not allow you to decline the permit. I apply to all 4 every year in hopes to draw one. In the past I have only ever been drawn for 1 at a time. This year I got drawn for 3 out of the 4. It is unlikely that I will make it to all 3. I would like the ability to decline at least 1 of them so that it would have a better chance of getting used.

Comment

Y’all let me know where lunch will be and what time. I’ll be at my lease but it’s only an hour from Willis. If I can make it I’d love to see you clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
          AJ , Are you going to get to hunt this year .
          A buddy that I've been working with has a few spots on a lease that borders the forest. I should get to hunt that a bit, especially since I've spent a lot of time working out there with him setting up stuff. I still don't have a vehicle that i can get my gear out, much less put an animal in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
            I think the need to also add the possiblitiy of a 2nd draw for them. Currently getting drawn for the antlerless permits does not allow you to decline the permit. I apply to all 4 every year in hopes to draw one. In the past I have only ever been drawn for 1 at a time. This year I got drawn for 3 out of the 4. It is unlikely that I will make it to all 3. I would like the ability to decline at least 1 of them so that it would have a better chance of getting used.
            Thats not a terrible idea. I certainly don’t blame anyone for playing the numbers game. I certainly don’t have any better ideas.

Comment

WHAT!

A cool front for opening day!

64 for a low!!!

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                WHAT!

A cool front for opening day!

64 for a low!!!

Fingers crossed.

I know I saw that. Barometric pressure is set to take a hit the night before with winds out of the north and west. Really threw my plan for a loop since I was planning for a south wind.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  Thats not a terrible idea. I certainly don’t blame anyone for playing the numbers game. I certainly don’t have any better ideas.
                  And I certainly did not expect to draw all 3. I will try to make it to as many as possible though.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                    I know I saw that. Barometric pressure is set to take a hit the night before with winds out of the north and west. Really threw my plan for a loop since I was planning for a south wind.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
                    Yeah, I was too, but with my ozone generator, I'm good with any wind.

Comment

hello all. long time lurker. this will be my first year hunting the SHNF, not new to bowhunting though. I was not able to find anything on parking in the forest. Am I limited to only designated parking areas or can I park anywhere I find a place that's out of the way or on side of the road? I'd rather not drag a deer out only to find I've been towed.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter308 View Post
                        hello all. long time lurker. this will be my first year hunting the SHNF, not new to bowhunting though. I was not able to find anything on parking in the forest. Am I limited to only designated parking areas or can I park anywhere I find a place that's out of the way or on side of the road? I'd rather not drag a deer out only to find I've been towed.
                        I think if you stay at least 10 feet away from the main roads you are ok. Don't park in front of any forest gates. Some FS roads are open, park to the side so you don't block others.

Comment

Yeah, I was too, but with my ozone generator, I'm good with any wind.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy an Ozonics before we start getting some solid cold fronts so I can hit my creek bottom stand without having to worry about swirling winds.

By the way do you know if Patrick Bennett on TBH as well? Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy an Ozonics before we start getting some solid cold fronts so I can hit my creek bottom stand without having to worry about swirling winds.

By the way do you know if Patrick Bennett on TBH as well? Just curious...
                            Don't think so.
                            Ozonics is ok, I like my home brew better, more ozone, and much cheaper. If anything, it's great to run in the truck to get funky smells out. I leave my clothes in over night and everything is ready to go by morning.

Comment

Don't think so.
                              Ozonics is ok, I like my home brew better, more ozone, and much cheaper. If anything, it's great to run in the truck to get funky smells out. I leave my clothes in over night and everything is ready to go by morning.

Annnnnnnnnd you’re gonna keep that to yourself? Your special brew?

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                                Annnnnnnnnd you’re gonna keep that to yourself? Your special brew?
                                Brute and bengay? Not much of a secret. But hey, if the helicopter can draw in deer....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X