No announcement yet.

Looking for a job... Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would look into something web design related. You are very talented. Good luck with wherever y'all are lead!

Comment

Best of luck on your search I hope you get what and where you need. Your website is FANTASTIC!

Comment

That sucks Noel. Wish he could make it work at the Diamond V. He's too hard of a worker to be without a job for long.

Comment

Tell him to coach JR High. Job stability and no weekends and less hours

Comment

He loves coaching but doesn't enjoy the classroom. Non-classroom coaching jobs are hard to find.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Dru. I know God's got a plan for us. Just wondering if anyone here might know what it was. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
                He loves coaching but doesn't enjoy the classroom. Non-classroom coaching jobs are hard to find.

Sorry for the life change. Coaching is tuff for the whole family. Been at it for a long time myself. I love coaching too! I didn't mind teaching college classes at all. The past 2 years have been my first in high school. Most likely gonna be my last. Looking for a career change at 57 myself. I wish the best for both of you in the future.

Comment

Yep! Teaching school isn't for the faint of heart even though many think we're overpaid and underworked...Sometimes I think I'd rather be doing something else too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    Sorry for the life change. Coaching is tuff for the whole family. Been at it for a long time myself. I love coaching too! I didn't mind teaching college classes at all. The past 2 years have been my first in high school. Most likely gonna be my last. Looking for a career change at 57 myself. I wish the best for both of you in the future.
                    Man....That long in and not gonna stick it out a few more years for retirement?

Why I tell everyone against teaching HS......stay in Jr High lol

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

It's over 12 years left. If it were only 2 or 3 it'd be a different discussion.

Comment

You might have him check with the HE Butt foundation. Perhaps he could get a job there with Laity Lodge youth camps or some other position within the organization. That would be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                          You might have him check with the HE Butt foundation. Perhaps he could get a job there with Laity Lodge youth camps or some other position within the organization. That would be a good start.
                          We're friends with the family that runs the camp outside of Leakey. Is there another one in Kerrville? That feels familiar...

Comment

Know your husbands pain. I got 3 more years left in coaching/education before retirement, hope I can make it through one last AD change. The coaching is not the hard part, it's the classroom and all of the new stuff that they require every year. The way the kids get worse every year as far as behavior and not wanting to learn or study, but to be entertained and given a good grade for showing up. Also a lot of the parents thinking that their little Johnny or Susie is a perfect angel and we as teachers don't know what we are talking about, their child wouldn't do or say anything bad! I teach Jr. High and I see this getting worse each year even at that level.
                            Sorry for the rant!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

I just want back into college! Lots of young, young coaches working for very little $ these days. HS and JH just aren't for me.

My hero in coaching who has passed away now. I played for him in college and worked with in college too, always told me for years and years.

Johnson, you're not a real coach! You have never coached in Junior High and you haven't been fired twice!!

After 32 years in College, I never knew what he was talking about. After these past 2 years, I know EXACTLY what he is talking about

I still haven't been fired yet... so I am still workin on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                                I just want back into college! Lots of young, young coaches working for very little $ these days. HS and JH just aren't for me.

My hero in coaching who has passed away now. I played for him in college and worked with in college too, always told me for years and years.

Johnson, you're not a real coach! You have never coached in Junior High and you haven't been fired twice!!

After 32 years in College, I never knew what he was talking about. After these past 2 years, I know EXACTLY what he is talking about

I still haven't been fired yet... so I am still workin on that one
                                WOW! Awesome. What did you coach in College?

Still paying into TRS I supposed so that counts.

Congrats on the coaching

Comment

Working...
                                X