X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put a slinky around each pole. They cant climb it and its great to watch

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
      I see velvet antler damage this summer with this.
      I was thinking the same as soon as I saw it

Comment

If i see more than one I bait a trap with sardines or kitchen scraps. ill usually have one within 2 hours of sunset.

Comment

Try this...and I know it sounds smart-*** but its not meant to be.
          Shoot the skilled one. Take away the facilitator/teacher.
          The food won't be spilled out on the ground for the next generations or current breeders.
          Then, remove any feeders that sling food onto the ground. Just put'em away. Stop artificially supporting the population of raccoons.

Buy a better feeder that will not allow the raccoons to climb up the legs and jump to the funnel. You're managing a problem instead of correcting a bad plan (design of the feeder).
          Take away the availability of the food and crash the population naturally. Might take a little while if you don't invest some time.

Comment

They gonna use those things for handles to hold onto while they dangle down there to get your feed.

Comment

Ask Smart" he was sodomized by a coon when he was a baby, believe me he would now the best what to keep a coon off you protein feeder, he hates coons like no other.

Comment

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
                Ask Smart" he was sodomized by a coon when he was a baby, believe me he would now the best what to keep a coon off you protein feeder, he hates coons like no other.
                Haha...truer words have never been spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
                  Thanks Coup, cleaning coffee from the screen now.

I agree with the above; it's just another tool for them, could cause antler damage and likely won't solve your problem.

It can be a pain at times, but trapping or a timer to shut off the protein at night is your best options.

Comment

More nails and in a random pattern, those straight rows look pretty but that's where he will stand

Comment

looks like it will work, but those guys will surprise you.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                        I have a fix but prolly wont go over very well out here.
                        X2

Comment

I put metal flashing cones like squirrel guards around my feeder tripod legs to keep 'em from climbing up to the feeder---works like a champ. Just have to put them high enough they can't jump above them from the ground.

Comment

nothing works but killing them

Comment

I think you will be disappointed. The nails will not be a deterrent I have not read all the post so pardon if repeat.

The coons are probably getting on top by doing chin ups. To stop weld a flat plate going straight down from bottom of spout. About 8-10" should work. Then the coons can't get on top.

I am in La. and contrary to the 'kill them all' post l never had luck with that. we are in coon paradise. Rather than trying to kill them all it is much easier and permanent to simply make the feeders coon proof.

If you think they are climbing up the legs then the halo funnels work.

I've tried the shark teeth, pvc pipe , grease, ... I heard about golden malaran...the list goes on. None of them worked permanently. You have to stop the coons from ever getting on the feeder.
                              Last edited by elgato; 09-03-2017, 06:19 PM.

Comment

did this work?

Comment

Working...
                                X