Need help on ZTR Mower Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on ZTR Mower Purchase

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but looking for opinions on a zero turn purchase. I’ve looked at several brands including scag, gravely, Exmark, Bad Boy, Bobcat. I’ve narrowed it down either the Gravely ZTHD 52 or the Exmark Radius E 48. Both seem pretty comparable and both heavy duty. Only mowing 2.2 acres so not looking for a full commercial but something that will last. Any experience with either of these?

Thanks

I don't have experience with either, but did just look at the Gravely. We bought a Hustler Raptor SD. I wanted one with a Kawasaki engine . I believe most Gravely's have Kawasaki and look pretty similar to the Hustler.
    Due to some recent bad experiences, I wanted to stay away from Brigg's and Stratton engines.

Comment

I have a 3 year old Gravely ZTHD 60. I have zero complaints with it. My only recommendation is to buy the biggest one you can get away with. It's amazing how much faster you can mow.

Comment

Buying a Bobcat today. Getting the XRZ 48". After research they have the best warranty by far, and he heaviest transmission for a light commercial mower.

Comment

Yes the Gracely ZTHD I’m looking at had the Kawasaki. The same dealer has the bobcat as well. They looked very nice. I did like the warranty on them. I don’t remember if they had the Kohler or Kawasaki engines. I did like that the ZTHD comes with 3100 hydros which most in that “class” have the 2800 hydros. Not sure on the bobcat though

Comment

I have a John Deer, 42" cut.....
            And I'm really happy with it....

Comment

I have a Bobcat XRZ 52” and l believe it has the 3100 hydros with a Kawasaki engine. I mow my own place about two acres and have had zero issues. I bought it new and have had it for three years and just normal maintenance.

Comment

Hustler raptor sd, and not from lowes or a box store go to a dealer

Comment

I have a 48 “ bad boy pup series since 2010 mowing 3.5 acres haven’t missed a beat and over 2 acres is Bahaia grass

Comment

I have a Dixie chopper that is 12year old 1 belt and 2 batteries. But if I was to buy a new one I would buy a Scag. I mow about 5 acres a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                      Hustler raptor sd, and not from lowes or a box store go to a dealer
                      Why is that? I'm new to buying a mower as well. I'm looking at a bad boy mower and was told to buy from a dealer like you have mentioned but I cant remember the reason why. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                        Why is that? I'm new to buying a mower as well. I'm looking at a bad boy mower and was told to buy from a dealer like you have mentioned but I cant remember the reason why. Thanks
                        You will get a better Built Heavier Deck from the Dealer...

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                          Place i work at sells hustler mowers, we set the mower up right, register it for warrenty, are a full service dealer also. Box store wont check fluid levels, show you how to use it properly and wont register the warrenty and youll have to bring it to a dealer for service parts.

Comment

Originally posted by abovepar View Post
                            Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but looking for opinions on a zero turn purchase. I’ve looked at several brands including scag, gravely, Exmark, Bad Boy, Bobcat. I’ve narrowed it down either the Gravely ZTHD 52 or the Exmark Radius E 48. Both seem pretty comparable and both heavy duty. Only mowing 2.2 acres so not looking for a full commercial but something that will last. Any experience with either of these?

Thanks
                            i also looked at several and talked to a lot of people who had them,, then i narrowed it down to gravely and hustler,,,, the gravely dealer did not come very highly recommended the hustler dear did,,,, i am super happy with my hustler
                            and it has the same motor the gravely did,,,, dealer is closer and user friendly,,, was looking for a 48" bought a 54" ,, it was on sale for less than the 48,,, sooooo,,, it followed me home
                            Last edited by xman59; 06-29-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I bought a Gravely ZTHD 52 a year ago and it has been great. My son bought one a few months before me and it has been great.

Comment

Working...
                              X