Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portable camp shower propane heaters? Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable camp shower propane heaters? Opinions?

Anybody use them? Mr. Heater makes one called the boss, also zodie is another brand, and ecotemp. They all run on the small propane bottles and take about 10 min to heat up water for a quick shower. Anybody got one, opinions?

3 yrs at camp on an eccotemp l5. it's in-line. it lights when it senses sufficient water flow, and you instantly have hot water.... works great... only issue....any wind at all and it blows out.....

Comment

I just purchased the Camplex hot water heater that came with a shower head. I hooked it up to my main line for my deer lease camper! Worked great last weekend [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

I have this one and it works great!!

Comment

I have the Zodi double burner. Hot water is virtually instant as water flows through heated coils. I DO NOT use two cannisters. One is hot enough and will burn you if you turn it up too high. Got it at Cabelas years ago and it still works like a champ.

Comment

Wow this looks great!

Comment

We had one of these, worked great until we didnt drain it properly. Cracked all the pieces inside after a hard freeze, we used it as a outdoor shower.

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                I just purchased the Camplex hot water heater that came with a shower head. I hooked it up to my main line for my deer lease camper! Worked great last weekend [emoji1303]

Comment

Do you use this one? How long?

Comment

If I don't have running water I have used a 12volt 15gal atv yard sprayer, I heat up water on the burner and pour it in, hook it to truck battery and go to town.

Comment

anyone else? So many options and while one review says great things the next guy down shows it caught on fire or never stayed lit

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        Do you use this one? How long?
                        We used one a size bigger in our shower house at camp for several years. No complaints at all, we'd still have it if someone hadn't forgot to drain it. We bought another of a different brand.

Comment

Here's our setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                            anyone else? So many options and while one review says great things the next guy down shows it caught on fire or never stayed lit
                            I have 2 of the Ecotemp L5 in use, one at the lease and they have both been great. We did freeze one and crack one of the brass part, but I was able to buy a replacement for $36 bucks and was back in business.

We use the one at the lease inside the portable bathroom we built, so there is no problem with it staying lit. I did vent it, but it honestly it probably isn't on long enough to make a difference. I had a CO detector in there at first and never went off.

Get wet, shut off shower to save water. Lather up and water back on to rinse. It runs for maybe a minute each time. It sure is nice to rinse off before bed after a hot work day in the summer.

I run it off a 330 gallon tote that feeds into a RV pump off a battery.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X