Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Saw this one the other day. It’s been gaining a little steam. It’s definitely intriguing, the want to cut McCanns at bats down to around 300 and he is really close to the end of his career. I think Realmuto has 3 yrs of control left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's because of McCanns contract details. He has an auto extension if he reaches a certain number of at bats or 90 games played. (I think I have the details right).

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Better not trade Tucker for JT!

We will need another OF when Jake and Reddick are gone.
      No doubt!

Comment

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
        No doubt!

Yup I’m not for it really. It’s the first time I’ve seen something where they considered trading Tucker and it was more an apple for apple trade. I think Tucker was untouchable in all other deals, this one not so much. Either way just speculation now, it’s go time. Ready to see Whitley at camp in spot starts as well. [emoji102]

Comment

Man after all the cardiac episode-inducing post-season games last season it almost seems like we need more time to recover.

Comment

In!

Comment

Anyone see Verlander at the Pebble Beach Pro Am this weekend? He hung around until Sunday and ended up 3rd. When you got it, you got it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                It's because of McCanns contract details. He has an auto extension if he reaches a certain number of at bats or 90 games played. (I think I have the details right).
                McCann has to have 1000 at bats in 2017 and 2018 combined, catch at least 90 games in 2018, and not be on the disabled list at the end of this season in order for the automatic extension to kick in.

He had 399 ABs last season and has never had more than 510 in a season. He will never reach 1000 combined over the 2 years. Astros won't have to pony up $15 million for him next year.

And I would never trade Tucker for Realmuto.

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
                  McCann has to have 1000 at bats in 2017 and 2018 combined, catch at least 90 games in 2018, and not be on the disabled list at the end of this season in order for the automatic extension to kick in.

He had 399 ABs last season and has never had more than 510 in a season. He will never reach 1000 combined over the 2 years. Astros won't have to pony up $15 million for him next year.

This.

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post

Glad to hear! Yes he won't reach all of those. 1 of them he might.

I like him and think he will do fine this year, but he is patchwork for the future. Need to draft a good catcher and also sign/trade for one. But do not give up Tucker.

Comment

First practice today [emoji16]

Have y’all watched the World Series documentary on the MLB channel? If not set your dvr, you won’t be disappointed.

Comment

I like Gose's attitude! If you get a chance to here his interview today, do it. Asked about his confidence he said it was high. Said he's a lefty and throws 100, how many guys do that?. Asked about his other stuff, he said he has a curveball from hell

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                          I like Gose's attitude! If you get a chance to here his interview today, do it. Asked about his confidence he said it was high. Said he's a lefty and throws 100, how many guys do that?. Asked about his other stuff, he said he has a curveball from hell
                          Sipp freaking who? I think that is what I heard him say.

Comment

Proposed Thread rule: we do not use that four letter word this season. Ever.

He got a ring (unearned). Why cant he just retire with the bank hes already got for doing nothing but hurting this team.

Comment

Can't wait to see them cats on the field again. Should be a helluva season if we can stay healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Proposed Thread rule: we do not use that four letter word this season. Ever.

He got a ring (unearned). Why cant he just retire with the bank hes already got for doing nothing but hurting this team.
                                I dont think that 4 letter word is going to make the team out of spring training.

Comment

Working...
                                X