No announcement yet.

Balcones Canyonlands NWR Hunt 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am the only one on 100 acres. There is actually only 3-4 areas that have blinds, all the rest you can walk or drive the whole hunting area.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
      I am the only one on 100 acres. There is actually only 3-4 areas that have blinds, all the rest you can walk or drive the whole hunting area.

Ah, ok. Bullets go a lot farther than 100 acres. In assuming not everyone is bowhunting?

Comment

I just got an e-mail that said my selection was in error and that I really was NOT selected

What a tease and a bummer.

Comment

15-20 people received the winning notification incorrectly. .... fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
            15-20 people received the winning notification incorrectly. .... fun times.
            Ugg..... What a tease.

I won and actually have the permit in hand for Unit 13 on Nov 13-15. Hope they don't ask for it back, as I would have a very disappointed boy.

Comment

When you say "have the permit in hand" for the youth hunt, are you just referring to the printout of the screen that says you were selected?

Comment

No. I have the actual permit. It is the .pdf that you print and post on your windshield... It contains your name, hunt number, date, permit #, etc. You get it via email once you pay for (or in the case of the $0. youth hunt "claim") your permit.

Comment

And like clockwork ..... lottery is held and then "government shutdown" is the talk of the day on the news.

Never had a hunt cancelled, but did have a hunt (in I believe '13) threatened.

Comment

When are you going to scout 13?

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                      When are you going to scout 13?
                      Working around my son's busy select soccer schedule and high school schedule, I suspect that it will be on Monday or Wednesday of the scouting week (Nov 9 or 11 around 5PM)

Comment

what?!?! man im glad I paid and printed my permit!!

that's sucks for the guys who thought they got picked.

35 Rem, your at a great disadvantage if you try and bowhunt here. although its a refuge, these deer are smart.

Comment

So where does everyone clean their deer now that they dont allow it at the hq anymore? I will be staying in a hotel and dont know where to do it if I get a deer (other than a walmart parking lot).

Comment

You no longer need to check the animal in at the HQ.

I gut right where it falls, and you can just clean/quarter at your vehicle.

I use a couple camping 5g water totes to have lots of clean water on hand. I wish I had a trailer hitch gambrel, but I'd just do it on my trailer hitch cargo carrier.

Coyotes / pigs will have it cleaned up by the time you show back up for the next morning hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                              So where does everyone clean their deer now that they dont allow it at the hq anymore? I will be staying in a hotel and dont know where to do it if I get a deer (other than a walmart parking lot).
                              My deer lease is about 10 miles away, I guess I will take it back to lease, clean it there, and stay in my trailer.

Comment

I gut on the Unit towards the entrance/exit. find a tree, hook the deer up and hook it up to the truck and use a pully system to pick it up and gut it.

Guess ill quarter the deer in the back of the truck and throw it in the Brute with ice.

this is what I use.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X