Wrap up Smear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    I wonder what she is referring to? I mean, when was the last time the MSM has taken a Republican smear campaign and ran with it (confirmation)?
    I agree, the press doesn't do much running with a republican smear campaign. Seems to be a dem tactic that she likes to accuse the republicans of doing. Even though they can't because the media is not on their side.

Here is some info I found with her referring to the wrap up smear:

"In fact, this wasn’t the first time Pelosi brought up the term “wrap-up smear” specifically to describe Republican political tactics. In this 6 March 2017 exchange between Pelosi and CNN news anchor Jake Tapper, she claimed President Trump used such a smear tactic against former president Barack Obama:

TAPPER: So, let’s start with President Trump’s allegation, so far evidence-free, that President Obama sought to have him wiretapped during the campaign. You’re part of the Gang of Eight. That’s a group of House and Senate leaders, both the leadership and the leadership of the Intelligence Committees, that would be privy, one suspects, to such information. Do you have any idea what he’s talking about?

PELOSI: Well, the president, you know, is the deflector in chief, anything to change the subject from where the heat is. And, as one who has been engaged in intelligence, a member of the Gang of Eight, for a long time, I can tell that it’s just ridiculous for the president, President Trump, to say that President Obama would ever order any wiretap of an American citizen, any president. That’s just not — we don’t do that.

And, so, this is — it’s called a wrap-up smear. You make up something. Then you have the press write about it. And then you say, everybody is writing about this charge.

It’s a tool of an authoritarian, to just have you always be talking about what you want them to be talking about. Rather than Russia, we’re talking about, did President Obama do thus and so?"

Comment

Working...
    X