X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post

This ESPN FPI poll is a joke.
    Didn’t even care to look up what it is or the parameters it uses to formulate its rankings.
    Look at last years final FPI Rankings
    Looks reasonable. What issues do you have with it?

Comment

It's irrelevant no matter who you root for....Nobody knows if it's a joke or not.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Saw the Jim Wacker references. He was definitely a class act. Played for him at TLC from 72 thru 75 where we won two National Championships. He was quite a motivator for sure.
        Definitely left this world way to soon. geesopisio was one of his saying when things didn't go right.
        You played with Steven Bohnert. He’s my brothers best friend and our second cousin. My brother leases his ranch for hunting. We share a campfire regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          Looks reasonable. What issues do you have with it?

Georgia doesnt make playoffs and loses. Ranked 3
          Oklahoma makes the playoff and loses ranked 5.
          Miss st ranked 9th at 8-5? too many to name.
          The poll appears to be a predictor of future success, not a true team ranking but its the end of the season?
          Looks worthless

Comment

2019 College Football News and Discussion

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            How is an FPI article from ESPN, anti Texas? It’s not the fault of TBH Aggies, that Texas isn’t in the TOP 25 of the list and that they wrote a “less than favorable” article about them.

And when did pre-season polls begin to not matter?

I’m pretty sure most preseason polls had LSU finishing close to .500 or just above last year. They probably had Miami finishing way above LSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Black Ice; 02-15-2019, 12:34 AM.

Comment

This ESPN FPI poll is a joke.
              Didn’t even care to look up what it is or the parameters it uses to formulate its rankings.
              Look at last years final FPI Rankings
              Edit.
              Last edited by oktx; 02-15-2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

2019 College Football News and Discussion

Preseason polls/ranks are like June recruiting championships..

Honk fodder
                Last edited by Smart; 02-15-2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  [/B]

Since the inception of pre season polls.....

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].... that pretty much sums it up

Comment

I'm curious about last years recruits that red shirted, along with a few others that haven't seen the field. We always make a big deal about recruits, but once on campus, and they redshirt, they seem to disappear. Will we see more of the Jalen Preston's this year? Cameron horry is a big dude, where he at? Etc...

Im sure this is the same for every team. I also see some possible attrition for the wr spot at tamu due to the fact all the starters are back at that position, none of last years cruits played, and we just signed 4 or 5 more. May have a few transfers coming soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Georgia doesnt make playoffs and loses. Ranked 3
                      Oklahoma makes the playoff and loses ranked 5.
                      Miss st ranked 9th at 8-5? too many to name.
                      The poll appears to be a predictor of future success, not a true team ranking but its the end of the season?
                      Looks worthless

It’s a power index based on whatever numbers in whatever order they deem important to success.

ESPN FPI didn’t like Texas last year either. No worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It says the 10th best SEC team Missouri is better than Texas. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yeah, right. We all saw how that worked out last season as Texas beat the second best SEC team. SEC got owned in bowls for the second straight year.Same overhype, different season. Oh Espn.....lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

ESPN FPI didn’t like Texas last year either. No worries.
                          This was my thought as well.

Texas is going to have to have guys step up on defense, but I think they have those dudes on campus.

Comment

Meh, I'd rank the Ags around #20. Lost 3 of our 4 starting DL, and 2 long time starting LB's.

Texas lost a ton of starters on Defense, 8 I think. I tend to stick to lower rankings for teams with less returning experience, and then see if the talent can overcome that.

I think 15-20 would be a good range for both to start the season

Comment

Ps. Don’t shoot the messenger. Write to ESPN. I’m just sharing news.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                                Meh, I'd rank the Ags around #20. Lost 3 of our 4 starting DL, and 2 long time starting LB's.

Texas lost a ton of starters on Defense, 8 I think. I tend to stick to lower rankings for teams with less returning experience, and then see if the talent can overcome that.

I think 15-20 would be a good range for both to start the season

Agreed

Texas lost 8 seniors on defense, 7 starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X