Question on ticket from the GW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
    This is were things have always been foggy for me. We have cold storage at the lease and several members debone and enter into the logbook that wee keep there. As far as I know we are within compliance. We have had green jeans come by a few times and look at our book, facilities, etc. and only gave a ticket to a member that rode up with a non-tagged deer to the skinning rack. However, we do not have anything to go with the de-boned meat once you leave the ranch besides the tag and proof of sex. If we get stopped I can see that being a problem. Would we have to drive back to the ranch to show the log?
    I called a few game wardens and presented this scenario to them and asked how can I prove I’m legal if I was ever pulled over. Short of it was it would be up to the game warden to decide if whatever means of proof I provided were acceptable, such as a picture of the logbook. To keep it simple, I quarter at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
      I have a pre trial hearing on the 20th. Hopefully it will be dismissed at that. But if not I’ll do a trial by jury.
      Good for you. Hope it gets dismissed.

Comment

Well ladies and gents. My ticket was dismissed today at my pre trial hearing. The counties attorney said it was a bogus ticket and I was not wrong in anything I did. He also told me that the GW that wrote the ticket is really bad about writing stuff that a simple warning would have taken care of the problem. After speaking with several wardens on my issue they have all said the same thing, this warden is just a jerk. So I really hope he will read this. If your hunting in Parker county, watch out for ol Ronald.

Comment

Awesome news, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would imagine not many Game Wardens claim him. Trust me I have plenty I work with I don't claim and there was a GW in the area that was the same way at one time.

Comment

Thats good news. Glad to see common sense is still used in some cases. Congrats !!

Comment

Good news!

Comment

Glad to hear it was satisfactorily resolved, other than quite an inconvenience for you to have to go through the process. Thanks for updating.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Glad it got thrown out!

Comment

Any talk of the meat he ruined?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why is Ronald Mathis allowed to continue to harass hunters like this if its well known??

What about the ruined meat?

Comment

I’m not sure what I can do from that. I told the prosecutor that the meat was ruined and he just shook his head. He apologized for the hassle I had to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                                Well ladies and gents. My ticket was dismissed today at my pre trial hearing. The counties attorney said it was a bogus ticket and I was not wrong in anything I did. He also told me that the GW that wrote the ticket is really bad about writing stuff that a simple warning would have taken care of the problem. After speaking with several wardens on my issue they have all said the same thing, this warden is just a jerk. So I really hope he will read this. If your hunting in Parker county, watch out for ol Ronald.
                                Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Why is Ronald Mathis allowed to continue to harass hunters like this if its well known??

What about the ruined meat?
                                Congrats.

Time for a complaint through official TPWD channels now?
                                Citizen's arrest for wanton waste? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X