Never know until you ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never know until you ask...

I took my 5 year old girls up to Hutto to visit their grandmother a couple of weeks ago. Kevin Breaux was coming over the following day to look at some potential trees for bowmaking so I toted along my trad bows so we could shoot. My brother and cousin cornered me at the truck before I could get out and started helping me unload. My cousin is a bowhunter and immediately locked in on the bows. "What do we have here?" Ooops, gotta run...more story and pics in a little while...STAY TUNED!

Brian, you are a tease Buddy!!!!!

Comment

OK, I'm back. Anyway, my cousin William was eyeballing the bows...especially when he found out one was a Sarrels...he happens to know Bob. Next thing you know a bow shoot broke out. Without targets we were limited to shooting light spots in the pasture with judos...that is until someone finished a cold one...the can never knew what hit it. By the end of the time it got too dark to shoot, pretty much everyone had shot and was waiting to shoot again. We almost ruined dinner and finally got "the call" to come in. It was a large time. Here are a couple of pics...

Click image for larger version

Name:	img062 (Medium).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	23828327

Camera phone 031.jpg

Camera phone 028.jpg

And don't forget the ladies! This is my two girls, their older cousin, and their younger cousin...bunch of heartbreakers for sure!

Camera phone 029.jpg

Leah looks pretty happy about dinner!

Camera phone 030.jpg

Here are some locked horns that my great, great, grandfather shot WAY back in 1894. The two bucks were fighting and he watched for a while but realized they would die a slow death before getting seperated so he shot them. My uncle, who is in the last picture wearing white shorts (background shooting), actually got to share campfires with "Papa Withers" and heard of this story on of the hunts he attended. He is now custodian of the horns. He is working on a little book with the history, stories, and pictures of Papa Withers who was a trail driver along the Chisolm Trail. Many of the stories he has told me are reminiscent of Lonesome Dove. "Very fascinating stuff"...to use my Uncle Harold's exact words.

Camera phone 032.jpg

I hope the story and pics were worth the wait...I had to get my daughters to bed and air my pup.

Comment

good stuff

Comment

Working...
        X