Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Car Guru's, 69 Mercury Cougar.

Hey Everybody,

This car is part of a family members estate and need to try to estimate a price range for it in its "as is" current condition. Thanks for your help.

Background
    Have not tried to start it and do not know the last time it was ran (kind of scared to try to start it). Last time it was registered was 05/08 so I assume it has been parked in the garage and not ran for the last 12 years. Looks to be mostly of not completely original. We think it is a 289 with a 2 barrel carb but may be a 351 based on the info in one of the pictures? I don't know much about classic cars. Below are a bunch of pictures of it.

If you have any specific questions about the car feel free to ask me and I can look at it/take pictures of it. Most likely going to be claimed by a family member who wants to rebuild it so it is not for sale, but just looking for a fair price range. Thanks for your help again.
    Attached Files

I’m no help on value but it sure seems like a collector/restoration guy would jump on it - can’t be too many of them around in that condition. I love that original interior - brings back a lot of memories of how cars looked when I was 13 and that one was brand new. For example the radio and the little joystick for adjusting the mirrors.
    Last edited by jerp; 09-13-2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

If it was an XR7 it would have some value.

Comment

I had the same car hard too. It had a 351 Windsor in it. Sweet car!!!

Comment

morning bump.

Comment

Here is one fully restored that sold for $12,650 with auction fees in 2019.

Another, $13,200 with auction fees.

What kills the value of Cougars is non XR7, non big block, non Boss 302, non 4 speed, non hidden headlights.

The problem with a car needing restoration like your Cougar(and my plain jane '69 Firebird convertible) is that it would take 30-40k to make it a 15-20k car.

My value: 5-7k depending on rust and other issues.
            Last edited by GA Bowhunter; 09-14-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X