Official opening day of dove season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
    Of course its pouring opening day here in deep south Texas.
    Was thinking about heading South but after watching the radar I think I’ll just stay put for today. This is supposed to blow out by manana.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
      Man I need this recipe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got in 4 hunts and only bagged 14 birds personally. Had a great time nonetheless.

Comment

Working on form.

Comment

158 today
            Attached Files

Comment

We were just south of Abilene and there were quite a few birds. A lot were flying high but we still ended up w a good mess of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Plenty of birds in Wichita Falls this morning.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Limits of mourning and a single whitewing for Whitewing Saturday down in Karnes County

Comment

Very few in Callahan off 313. Wondering any other Callahaners had better luck?

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

Originally posted by TEX_hunt_AS View Post

After work solo hunt. Rain out opening day but did well tonight.

Good number of birds there in Abilene? Hunting water or field?

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                        Good number of birds there in Abilene? Hunting water or field?

Decent numbers in Hawley. Hunting over water.

Comment

Hunted a day lease near Moran Saturday afternoon. Plenty of birds but we picked the wrong side of the field. It wasn’t overcrowded with hunters but enough so we couldn’t move to a better spot. Our group of 3 killed 8-10 each. On the way out of the property I noticed a TBH sticker on a truck and some guys cleaning birds. Met Todd-ty729 and there was another guy with a TBH shirt but I did not catch his name. From the amount of shooting, they were definitely on the right side of the field!

Comment

Zero birds in Milam county - near Rockdale

Comment

Outfitter in Marion, Texas stunk it up....well their dove did anyway.

Their facilities and fields were full of corn and sunflowers but the birds just weren't there much anymore. It was nothing but a sky blasting gauntlet for the few groups that passed over sky high.....and the occasional lost single. A group of 5 birds would come over high and there'd be 30-40 shells burned down the gauntlet with an occassional cripple.. I didn't even pull my gun out the second hunt until the last 30 minutes. Fired 3 **** shells. Gonna be a cold day in hell before I pay an outfitter again on a non-opening day hunt unless its later in the season and some cold fronts have passed through while everybody is deer hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Outfitter in Marion, Texas stunk it up....well their dove did anyway.

Their facilities and fields were full of corn and sunflowers but the birds just weren't there much anymore. It was nothing but a sky blasting gauntlet for the few groups that passed over sky high.....and the occasional lost single. A group of 5 birds would come over high and there'd be 30-40 shells burned down the gauntlet with an occassional cripple.. I didn't even pull my gun out the second hunt until the last 30 minutes. Fired 3 **** shells. Gonna be a cold day in hell before I pay an outfitter again on a non-opening day hunt unless its later in the season and some cold fronts have passed through while everybody is deer hunting.

Tell us how you really feel buddy!!

Comment

Working...
                                X