Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bastages broke into my truck last night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastages broke into my truck last night!

Thieving bastages busted out my driver's side window sometime early this morning and got a Ruger 380, extra clip and a clip for my XD-40. The XD was in the truck (forgot to take it out last night) but they did not find it. they never opened the door, just stepped on the running board and leaned in. Opened the console and took out a jar I had in there with a bunch of junk in it but got nothing out of it. The 380 and clips were in the door storage pockets and wrapped in a towel. Several truck breakins in the neighborhood last night. Someone needs to put some buckshot in these thieves butt one night and this would temporarily stop! It has gotten bad around here and getting worse with all the roofing crews around now!

Report the serial # as stolen. If you don't have it the dealer you bought it from can assist you.

I have recovered firearms from a burglary 6 years after the fact.

Comment

Thieves suck and I’m sorry to have to deal with that... But why people continue to leave firearms in their cars is beyond me.

Comment

Im so sorry Doug. A friend of mine in your neighborhood got hit recently as well. Them windows ain’t cheap either. So sorry amigo.

Comment

Two neighbors across the street from me got hit last night too.

Comment

Sorry suckers

Comment

My wife told me last night that the neighborhood watch had reported several auto break ins around our area. I’m between homestead and Frankford. I think you are closer to slide. They get me every couple of years. It’s always my company truck as I keep all of mine in the garage. I’ve kind of adopted the theory that if it’s not there, then they can’t steal it.
              Sorry you got hit and hopefully they recover your gun.

Comment

Why blame the guy that had his stuff locked up? This always confused me...

So if it gets stolen out of your house it's still your fault?

If it's unlocked then yes, I can KINDA see where the fault can be shared.

Sucks to hear that man. Made me realize I need to record the serial numbers of recent purchases.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut their hands off.

Comment

Sorry suckers!

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
                      Why blame the guy that had his stuff locked up? This always confused me...

So if it gets stolen out of your house it's still your fault?

If it's unlocked then yes, I can KINDA see where the fault can be shared.

Sucks to hear that man. Made me realize I need to record the serial numbers of recent purchases.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                      I don't think anyone is blaming rather just pointing to the fact that most people by now know that cars have a higher chance of burglary than a home and by leaving a firearm in your vehicle you are taking an enhanced risk of it being stolen over having it in your house. The situation sucks all around...people shouldn't have to lock their stuff up to keep other people "honest" but I'm not even shocked anymore when I open up a car theft thread to see yet another gun was stolen.

To the OP sorry you got hit...my home was burglarized 7 years ago and the thieves made off with a bunch of my firearms. That event turned my whole world view upside down as I learned that there is no safe harbour.
                      Last edited by JonBoy; 10-03-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Serial number and a pic of the gun have been turned over to the police. They try to pawn it they will probably get caught. The glass will cost me more than the gun!

Comment

Doug,

Sorry that this happened to you. Lubbock feels pretty safe, but this stupidity still goes on. I hope they try to pawn it and end up in the county lockup. Sure would be better if we could go back to just getting a rope.

Comment

I feel your pain and anger. They hit me a couple years ago. Glock 27 walked off along with some cash in my console.

Comment

Cars and trucks and treasure troves for thieves. They know people leave valuables inside and it takes them about 20 seconds to break in and grab your stuff. Easy targets. It sucks and it happened to me 3 times....now, I leave NOTHING in my vehicles worth stealing.

Someone should collect rattlesnakes and keep them in a “nice bag” and leave them in the seat.....
                              Last edited by RLB; 10-03-2018, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X