Tempora living ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempora living ideas?

My wife and I are building a house and will need to live out on the property about 4 months prior to the house completion to let our two kids start school there and are trying to figure out how we can live out there in something temporary weather its buying a used travel trailer and selling it after the house or renting a house (as last resort). Any ideas?

Travel trail or portable cabin/building.

I'm saving for land and plan on living in a portable for a while till I can build.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

We dis the same. Lived in a travel trailer for 5 months

Comment

I like tempora shrimp with wasabi and soy sauce! For temporary living a nice trailer is hard to beat if you don't have any delays on building

Comment

Originally posted by the-butcher View Post
          We dis the same. Lived in a travel trailer for 5 months
          How did it work out? My concern is im talking about a $10-$14k trailer that I will be ready to sell the worst time of the year... I think it would be tough living in it with a wife and two kids.. my wife already talks about not having closet space.. she doesn't realize that there won't be a washer, dryer, dish washer etc. I just think it's gonna be tougher than expected.. will do that if we have to though..

Comment

rent.

Comment

Travel trailer or rent. Only the only 2 options, or could move back home.

Comment

some of the contractors trailers that they use on job sights are pretty nice.
                I am assuming that you can rent them . most have some type of kitchen in them
                could buy rent a portable dish washer and hook up to sink. Just tell your wife that if we act like newly weds again it could be fun for a few months. You probable can rent a stackable washer and drier also. make sure and check what size breaker panel it has.
                I think those come with a panel air and heat that's on the outside wall

Comment

Are you building a shop at the new house? What about making it a temporary home for a little bit. When home is built, you have fabulous man cave

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                    Are you building a shop at the new house? What about making it a temporary home for a little bit. When home is built, you have fabulous man cave
                    I have friends that did this. They set up curtains for rooms and privacy.

Comment

My neighbor built a metal building with an rv cover attached to the side put the rv there had plumbing for everything else in the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                        Thought about this because I want a shop but not doing it because I want to wait until I can afford the shop I want VS a small one now and wishing I did bigger later..

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                          How did it work out? My concern is im talking about a $10-$14k trailer that I will be ready to sell the worst time of the year... I think it would be tough living in it with a wife and two kids.. my wife already talks about not having closet space.. she doesn't realize that there won't be a washer, dryer, dish washer etc. I just think it's gonna be tougher than expected.. will do that if we have to though..
                          We made it work. It wasnt easy. My wife had to go to laundrymat. If i did it again id build shop first ti have a spot to spread out when weather is bad and store things. It was still worth it.

Comment

Ive seen shipping containers made into bunk houses. Wife and I are going to do this when we move and building our next residence. Once done we will have a place for kids to stay when they come.

Comment

We've been in a RV since before Thanksgiving ... kinda in the same situation, except we're building a barndo, ourselves.

The first week wasn't bad.
                              Right now, I wouldn't care if I never stayed another night in a RV.

Can you rent an apartment in the school district?
                              Month to month will be slightly more expensive, but you'd have the luxuries your wife needs, and when you're done, you won't have to worry about selling the RV.

Comment

Working...
                              X